Kyle_d

Anyone got an Omega aqua terra?

Kyle_d

Cant decide which colour I want to get looking for some inspiration.. the detail on these latest vsf reps is unreal! Got go be one of the most detailed on the market at the moment?  Check out the macro shots

Also are those rubber straps easy to get and expensive? I want SS but I like the rubber ones too. 

Is the non gmt version going to be a lot more reliable with it not having the forth hand? 

Im new to watches and this would be my first rep purchase, my current watch I wear regularly is 45mm unsure if the 41mm will feel small? 

Screenshot_20190223_213156_com.android.c

Screenshot_20190223_213704.jpg

Screenshot_20190223_213823_com.android.c

Screenshot_20190223_213916_com.android.c

BadPickle

White/orange is the dogs...

@Pob has one 

@mostling has one too :D 

Edited by pickledbeetroot
Keep forgetting about my pal Mike

Kyle_d

Thanks pickledbeetroor post some photos lads if u can :)

Indianajones

I have the blue one and love it! I always wanted a blue aqua Terra. So rubber straps are available from TDs, I received mine from Mary for a very reasonable fee. I can't speak on the movement but it has been running well for me in the last month. I have smaller wrists and 41 is on the larger side for me... Some say that 40mm+ are simply too big. The lugs aren't as big as the submariner so they make the watch look smaller but the size is comparable to a sub.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

BadPickle
22 minutes ago, Kyle_d said:

Thanks pickledbeetroor post some photos lads if u can :)

Stolen this from @Pob 

BBxxf.jpg

This from @mostling

BBGZX.jpg

Kyle_d
17 minutes ago, Indianajones said:

I have the blue one and love it! I always wanted a blue aqua Terra. So rubber straps are available from TDs, I received mine from Mary for a very reasonable fee. I can't speak on the movement but it has been running well for me in the last month. I have smaller wrists and 41 is on the larger side for me... Some say that 40mm+ are simply too big. The lugs aren't as big as the submariner so they make the watch look smaller but the size is comparable to a sub.

Thanks. Show it off then lets see haha 

Just now, pickledbeetroot said:

Stolen this from @Pob 

BBxxf.jpg

Nice that, not sure thats the one for me though my current watch is all black with gold think I need blue or black lol.

GingerApple

I appreciate this isn't what you're looking at exactly, but I'm just throwing this out there as an option (and as a satisfied owner) because it's a bit bigger, a bit chunkier and so closer to the wrist presence you're used to wearing. The GMT complication hasn't caused me any difficulties thus far, in fact this is one of my most Gen like watches in terms of feel, both of movement and overall construction.

https://www.intime04.co/omega/5501-planet-ocean-600m-co-axial-gmt-435mm-vsf-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-blue-ceramic-bezel-on-ss-bracelet-a8605-super-clone.html

PkeL2.jpg

Kyle_d
3 minutes ago, Gingermiser said:

I appreciate this isn't what you're looking at exactly, but I'm just throwing this out there as an option (and as a satisfied owner) because it's a bit bigger, a bit chunkier and so closer to the wrist presence you're used to wearing. The GMT complication hasn't caused me any difficulties thus far, in fact this is one of my most Gen like watches in terms of feel, both of movement and overall construction.

https://www.intime04.co/omega/5501-planet-ocean-600m-co-axial-gmt-435mm-vsf-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-blue-ceramic-bezel-on-ss-bracelet-a8605-super-clone.html

PkeL2.jpg

That is nice. Maybe I need to go into an AD and try one on and see for size. Im really not a fan of numbers on bezels! Probs just cos for 1) i dont even know what theyre used for:Doh: and 2) theyre quite in your face lol. But i have recently been looking at the PO quite a bit it is a very nice watch. Just had a quick look at dimensions.. both GMTs have same case size but PO is 2.5mm thicker. 

GingerApple

Lol. The bezel numbers on this watch are the 24hr clock markets for the GMT hand. So in my pic, the GMT hand is half way between the 12 marker and the (line that represents the) 13 marker, ie the GMT time is 12.30pm ish - which happens to be the same time as the actual time because I hadn't set it to a different time zone.

Kyle_d
7 minutes ago, Gingermiser said:

Lol. The bezel numbers on this watch are the 24hr clock markets for the GMT hand. So in my pic, the GMT hand is half way between the 12 marker and the (line that represents the) 13 marker, ie the GMT time is 12.30pm ish - which happens to be the same time as the actual time because I hadn't set it to a different time zone.

Ah thats cool thanks for the information mate :) do you use this perk or simply just something you like the look of? 

Thanks again

GingerApple

No, I deffo use the GMT function! Only now and again, but yeah, it can be very handy. My missus travels abroad with work now and then and when she's away, I tend to use the GMT time to keep track of her time zone so I know when I can Facetime her and let her see the rugrats. It's particularly handy when she's the other side of the world and the time there is very different to my time.

Kyle_d
2 minutes ago, Gingermiser said:

No, I deffo use the GMT function! Only now and again, but yeah, it can be very handy. My missus travels abroad with work now and then and when she's away, I tend to use the GMT time to keep track of her time zone so I know when I can Facetime her and let her see the rugrats. It's particularly handy when she's the other side of the world and the time there is very different to my time.

Haha awesome sounds good mate. If you're actually ginger does that mean you have your own chucky hence calling them rugrats :chatty:

GingerApple

My little bastards are more like the other Chucky!

BBYuU.jpg

Indianajones

Here ya go, more on Mary's TD feedback page 8800c02fdf7737898284794eff0c820b.jpge254c14473b0573b2623dc2abab1d74e.jpg41d827a12084f4d68ff0e65f1e61dd14.jpg

Stu71584

i have the blue too. Really nice. can go both dressy and sporty with it.

NFleischer

IMG_00691_zpsqqlxsdfh.jpg

I have the older version, nice looking watch. Movement is so-so,  lower grade Miyota.

Omega315

I have the Gray dial version on the way.  1st Omega rep..JF factory.