Happy_Jake

PAM 351 Version

Happy_Jake

Greetings all,

There seems to be at least 3 factories making the PAM351 on the Puretime site.  Anyne have any experience or guidance in the relative merits of each one.  Who makes the nicest/most accurate?  Any thought on that model in general.

Thanks and forgive me if I am not in the right forum.  Brand new around here.

Jake

BadApple

Use the search facility top right of this page. 

mysterio

The latest is usually the best. Why, then you would have to do your research.

FoxWilde

Greetings jake. 

Quality between these reps is a collection of personal decisions and compromises you choose to live with in a rep. Your money, your choice. Choose wisely. 

Happy_Jake

Thanks guys
They all LOOK fine in the site pics. Hard to know without someone’s first hand experience. Do many Panerai reps have issues with noisy rotors? I’ve heard that mentioned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BadApple
1 hour ago, Happy_Jake said:

Thanks guys
They all LOOK fine in the site pics. Hard to know without someone’s first hand experience. Do many Panerai reps have issues with noisy rotors? I’ve heard that mentioned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Use the search facility top right of this page. 

Happy_Jake

Roger That.  Will do

BadApple

For individuals to do it for you isn't going to happen nor do we as members have a call upon information on specific watches. 

It's all locked away in the vaults of Millions of posts that you can only unlock with the search facility. 

I just did a quick search and here's an example of what you can find from 5 years ago !!

tonyh7

Looking at the versions on Toro's site one big difference is that some have an asian 7750 movement, and others have what is described as a super clone of the custom Panerai movement. You'll probably pay more for the latter, if you are really fixated on the fidelity of the rep, but if it goes wrong it is probably unfixable. With an a7750 movement you have a fighting chance of it being repairable.  As others have said there is a ton of info in particular Ale's awesome guide to rep Panerais.