Saventy8

Submarine 116613 Blue 2tone

Saventy8

Hi guys

I wonder if anyone has this watch and can recommend it?

https://kuvarsit03.com/submariner-116613-lb-blue-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135v2/

I am a little anxious about the 2tone watches since I am afraid that the gold color on the middle links are not good enough and that the middle links are not gold all the way round so that they are silver coloured on the sides. I have seen many versions like that. 

I know we are talking about replicas here but if the replica is not looking good, I know I would not wear it anyway. So I hope someone can elaborate. Thank you. 

FoxWilde

I got a 116613 build. Best mods for it are:

gen dial. Most rep dials are purple-ish

gen crown. That part loses its plating the quickest. Main concern regarding plating.

the sub is killer on a brown leather strap. If you keep it on the bracelet, the plating lasts for 2-3 years in my experience. I bought a couple bracelets from DHGate as replacements. But now I have it on a gen bracelet. I recommend this, but it is expensive. Otherwise, 116613 bracelets are $30-50 on the Gate

KJ2020
6 hours ago, Saventy8 said:

Hi guys

I wonder if anyone has this watch and can recommend it?

https://kuvarsit03.com/submariner-116613-lb-blue-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135v2/

I am a little anxious about the 2tone watches since I am afraid that the gold color on the middle links are not good enough and that the middle links are not gold all the way round so that they are silver coloured on the sides. I have seen many versions like that. 

I know we are talking about replicas here but if the replica is not looking good, I know I would not wear it anyway. So I hope someone can elaborate. Thank you. 

The ARF bluesy you linked has no plating om the sides of the middle links, including the SELs. They are silver sides. If you want gold sides, I suggest the VRF bluesy.

Saventy8
On 24/02/2019 at 22:22, FoxWilde said:

I got a 116613 build. Best mods for it are:

gen dial. Most rep dials are purple-ish

gen crown. That part loses its plating the quickest. Main concern regarding plating.

the sub is killer on a brown leather strap. If you keep it on the bracelet, the plating lasts for 2-3 years in my experience. I bought a couple bracelets from DHGate as replacements. But now I have it on a gen bracelet. I recommend this, but it is expensive. Otherwise, 116613 bracelets are $30-50 on the Gate

Thank you Fox

may I ask how you got the build done? Where did you purchase the gen parts and were you able to change it yourself or at a watch shop

I have heard that many watch shops do not want to handle any replicas. 

FoxWilde
2 hours ago, Saventy8 said:

Thank you Fox

may I ask how you got the build done? Where did you purchase the gen parts and were you able to change it yourself or at a watch shop

I have heard that many watch shops do not want to handle any replicas. 

I bought the dial from a friend of mine who sells parts. Came from a 2016 sub. Bought the gen bracelet online. The weight is the main difference. I slapped on the bracelet with a spring bar tool and the dial was replaced by a forum member.