Bassguygt

2836 vs 3135 etc

Bassguygt

After reading this link in the forum,

it seems to me that a A2836/2824 movement would be preferable over an A3135 due to superior reliability and repairability. However, after perusing numerous TD sites, I've noticed that the most expensive/newest reps usually use the 3135.  Can someone explain this apparent contradiction of paying more money to get the inferior 3135 movement?

• Like 1

Indianajones

2824 were first produced in 1961 while 3135 were introduced in 1988. I think it comes down to research, machinery for production. Its harder to get the machinery to produce proprietary rolex parts when your not Rolex, so you pay a premium. ETA has been produced for far longer, parts and machinery are easier to come by. Consider supply and demand

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

2824 were first produced in 1961 while 3135 were introduced in 1988. I think it comes down to research, machinery for production. Its harder to get the machinery to produce proprietary rolex parts when your not Rolex, so you pay a premium. ETA has been produced for far longer, parts and machinery are easier to come by. Consider supply and demand

Correction: 2824/2836 in the 60s

Bassguygt

Ah I see makes sense.