FL13

My New Package

BenjaminButton

Me neither, but I agree.

You don’t normally like gold watches and ended up buying a solid gold Rolex. That’s some coming-out thread. Congratulations on the new watch.

FL13
9 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Gen?

Um...

Price?

Gen, yes.

Price. . . . .

Sold 2 Rolex and a few other Swiss watches to pay for it. SOooooo a bunch.

6 hours ago, BenjaminButton said:

You don’t normally like gold watches and ended up buying a solid gold Rolex. That’s some coming-out thread. Congratulations on the new watch. emoji6.png

Yes, because most Gold is a terrible BRASS-Yellow... My Two-Tone Sub had me staring at the center links and bezel and wondering..... So I started searching for a 80s/90s DayDate and found this instead.

Luxuracer

@FL13 ... Nice watch, buddy! :thumbsup2:

Newrepfan86

wow, i do not normally like solid gold watches but. too gaudy for me but not that bad boy, that thing is gorgeous. i cant even imagine how heavy it must be in solid 18k. its seems to be in great shape, how old is it. the links do not look stretched out at all advantage oyster band over jubilee. anyway its a beauty and hopefully one day when my kids is done bleeding me dry ill have one of my own.

FL13
25 minutes ago, Newrepfan86 said:

wow, i do not normally like solid gold watches but. too gaudy for me but not that bad boy, that thing is gorgeous. i cant even imagine how heavy it must be in solid 18k. its seems to be in great shape, how old is it. the links do not look stretched out at all advantage oyster band over jubilee. anyway its a beauty and hopefully one day when my kids is done bleeding me dry ill have one of my own.

Solid 18k yes. The term solid gold refers to no other metals involveed. I.E. not Capped Steel or Plated Brass etc.

All the band and case weight is Gold... BUT That does not mean every component is without "Voids". It is definitely heavier than my old 16613 Two-Tone. Alas I don't have it anymore to give a proper comparison.

It is a 1992 Safequeen. Polished to remove 26 years of Tarnish and sold (yes even 18k tarnishes black thanks to the ~12% Silver and ~12% copper content). It is as close to NEW OLD STOCK as possible. Zero stretch on the bracelet.

It shows no stretch because it was never worn. Had the original owner been a watch guy instead of just a rich guy he'd have probably kept the box too... and it'd be NIB. But alas, it saved me a lot of money in the end.