Sign in to follow this  
Glaude

Swatch Group suing Samsung

deju

Will be interesting because I bet the agreement between Samsung and the third party developers passes all liabilities on. 

Maybe preliminary start to swatch wanting to open up the smart watch market only to themselves  

Theviking

Lazy of Samsung to let ones with brand names on the designs slip through, I'm not surprised at Swatch's action. 

They should have changed it to Parnis and I would have downloaded them. :B):

Thanks for the share @Glaude

Glaude

I have a Samsung Gear S3 Classic, before entering the watch world I was into the watch face making, I've made pretty much all known watch as a virtual watch faces. Back at that time, it was remotely impossible to submit a branded watch face to the store, it was deleted in a day or two before you could make any money with it.

I guess they had other things to do than monitoring the community, and the money they took on those sales (by far more attractive than the non-branded ones) had something to do with it !

deju
6 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I was into the watch face making, I've made pretty much all known watch as a virtual watch faces.

Admission of guilt :lol:

Samsung will settle just to make it go away, but lets face it, it's a very thin argument. 

Glaude
4 minutes ago, deju said:

Admission of guilt :lol:

I've picked my least severe offence ... :D 

Swatch group knows exactly what they're doing, they know samsung will settle this outside court, easy money for them !

deju
2 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I've picked my least severe offence ... :D 

Swatch group knows exactly what they're doing, they know samsung will settle this outside court, easy money for them !

Sometimes I wonder whether settlements are tax deductable and Apple and Samsung use it to transfer money about.  

Glaude
20 minutes ago, deju said:

Sometimes I wonder whether settlements are tax deductable and Apple and Samsung use it to transfer money about.  

Very complex matter, and it will depend from country to country.

Here in France this is treated as a regular contract between two businesses and you'll have to declare it in your accounts, so it'll be treated like any money income (to simplify)