Kyle_d

Clone with ronda quartz - good?

Kyle_d

Someone is selling some Senna superclones with swiss Ronda quartz movements in, but they want £300 which sounds a lot. Comes boxed and with papers but still.. Are they worth that money? 

FB_IMG_1551539131631.jpg

FB_IMG_1551539303176.jpg

BadPickle

Box and papers ain’t worth shit

Kyle_d

Yeah not fussed for that but they look good and apparently Ronda quartz movements?? Its a main person on a group I follow so seems legit.. so what you recon? Overpriced or fair if gen swiss movements inside?

Ps the gen of these are quartz btw 

shelby1501

I bought CAZ1010 with Swiss Ronda froma TD for $239 and watch is true super rep and totally worth the money. Just send this pic to a TD, thry will get it for $200-250 for sure. 

Kyle_d

good idea. Is it not an asian rep of the ronda though? £300 in usd is almost $400! Seems hell of a lot for a quartz even if gen quartz.. thats why I thought id ask here

BadPickle

Who’s the group? These FB groups selling reps tend to have an additional middle man adding on profit or selling something described as one thing but with a little investigation turns out to be rubbish. 

Theres a few main sayings  in rep collecting, one of them is-  if it’s repped the TD’s here will be able to source it for you. So like the previous poster says, get in touch with one of the dealers here see if they can source it, maybe ask @narikaa if one of his Thailand contacts can source it. 

Kyle_d

Yeah im going to do that and see what response I get from then thanks.

Its the group I got my po gmt from.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

the_frenchman

....i love these stupid Facebook Insta shit groups trying to sell these clone watches! 

Having some patience and some searching you can get a aftermarket gen of these for 450/500€ 

TD’s can get this watches for around 160$ .... genuine second hand box and papers for 50$  . They usually come with a VK seiko movement but sometimes if you are lucky get a Ronda . 

You decide .

My opinion ,  i just directly erase these stupid groups from my social media accounts

Kyle_d
....i love these stupid Facebook Insta shit groups trying to sell these clone watches! 
Having some patience and some searching you can get a aftermarket gen of these for 450/500€ 
TD’s can get this watches for around 160$ .... genuine second hand box and papers for 50$  . They usually come with a VK seiko movement but sometimes if you are lucky get a Ronda . 
You decide .
My opinion ,  i just directly erase these stupid groups from my social media accounts
Would you notice a difference if it had either of those movements in? like with autos you have some cheap ones that are only 21600vph which is hugely noticeable.. not sure how it works with quartz and quality of quartz...

gooner2826
20 minutes ago, the_frenchman said:

You decide .

+1...... Only got to look at gumtree where they sell £30 subs from DhGate for £100+  People get lured in by the box and papers (which mean fuck all).

Pretty sure Trusty/Josh has the senna quartz on his website for $168 or something like that. Much safer bet and cheaper. 

Nobody is going to care/notice if it's Swiss quartz or Asian quartz. Used to work in an AD where citizens/armani's/hugoboss (asian cheap quartz) would last just as long as tag's and they all came with 2 year warranties on the movements which says it all.

Quartz is quartz pal, obviously you can get the VK quartz for the sweeping chronograph. But the seconds tick all the same buddy

Kyle_d

Learn something new everyday thanks for the advice all

splke

This was from a td originally and is nwib if only I could see properly :Doh:nwbig = not worth buying in gen 

VZfpzf.jpg

Kyle_d
This was from a td originally and is nwib 
VZfpzf.jpg
Looks nice. What's quality like? And what does nwib mean

BadPickle

Yeah @splke what does nwib mean :lol: 

Kyle_d

I found out already lol.

Is it not meant to be nwibg

Golfer130i

Not worn - in box ?

Kyle_d

Oh.. I thought he meant its 'never will I buy gen' meaning its so gen-like it would be daft go buy the real one... they have a list on rwg

Golfer130i

Never worn in bed :bedbounce:

BadPickle
9 minutes ago, Kyle_d said:

Oh.. I thought he meant its 'never will I buy gen' meaning its so gen-like it would be daft go buy the real one... they have a list on rwg

You mean nwbig, and THIS is RWG,  maybe it mean “not worn in boxers”

:D 

Kyle_d

Rwi :oops:

splke

Typing is not my strongest point. :Doh:

As for the watch it is as good as a rep gets