herdpm

Little seconds hands

herdpm

Love this cheapy. Recently the time seconds hand fell off. Can a rank amateur fix this without killing the watch?

Thanks37d08e520fcb12810437ff76d4ec9dfd.jpg

BadPickle

If you gotta ask, then I’d say no.  Theyre tricky little bugger for someone with little or no experience 

herdpm

Thank you. What about just gluing the hands in place? Don't really care if it works or not.

FoxWilde

You can glue the tip to the dial. Avoiding the hole and movement.  Won’t work but at least it’ll look it. I’d say buy a new one mate

NCRich

If you can get to it to glue it then you can just stick it back on.  If you know what rodico is you can just stick it on the tip of some and carefully stick it back on.  Press it down with a pencil eraser or something else non scratching.

But you gotta get to it so you either got to decase it or pop the bezel off (if it has one).  I don't know how its made so can't give you advice.

herdpm
If you can get to it to glue it then you can just stick it back on.  If you know what rodico is you can just stick it on the tip of some and carefully stick it back on.  Press it down with a pencil eraser or something else non scratching.
But you gotta get to it so you either got to decase it or pop the bezel off (if it has one).  I don't know how its made so can't give you advice.
Yeah, I don't have proper tools or know how. I have a history of destroying watches.

NCRich

How much did that thing cost?

FoxWilde
1 hour ago, herdpm said:
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

Yeah, I don't have proper tools or know how. I have a history of destroying watches.

get a new one and turn that one into a practice watch

Luxuracer

You can try ... if you destroy it ... just buy a new one ... !

You can find one on the Gate for $40

herdpm
How much did that thing cost?
Ha! Not much. Around $40 I think. For the price it's awesome... until the hands fall off.

NCRich
15 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

You can try ... if you destroy it ... just buy a new one ... !

You can find one on the Gate for $40

Its a 5 minute fix if you know how.  Only one way to learn.

GingerApple

Why has no one asked the important question: why would you want to fix it?  :ohwell:

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

Its a 5 minute fix if you know how.  Only one way to learn.

That's right!    :thumbsup2:

I am pretty comfortable on removing and reinstalling hands on 21j movements.

NCRich
1 hour ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Why has no one asked the important question: why would you want to fix it?  :ohwell:

Mate we have seen your watches.  People in glass houses.