Adit

Literature

Adit

On a recent visit to Brighton (Rolex,(amongst other top brand) dealers everywhere!), I called in on Watches Of Switzerland and was met by a very nice young chap who was more than happy to provide me with free advice, the latest Rolex catalogue (read book), the latest Rolex magazine and a very nice bag to take it all away in. "Customer" service 10/10 :D

On a more recent visit to Oxford, I called into a jewellers where I met a very nice young lady who was more than happy to let me try on a very nice Tudor Black Bay and take away a free Tudor catalogue. Customer service 10/10

I then called in at the centre ("mall") TD and was met by a not over-friendly chap who looked me up and down and declared that he had "no catalogues in stock". Oh well, thank you anyway (sort of). Customer service 5/10

Just my two pennies worth.

RWG TDs here I come :D

EBB

just order the catalogs, you can get most of them shipped to you for free.  

Glaude
1 hour ago, EBB said:

just order the catalogs, you can get most of them shipped to you for free.  

Not so much anymore, I don't know if you did it recently, but they tend to offer digital copies rather than physical now.

There's a thread next door about it :

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-general-discussion/7525214-the-fall-of-the-real-catalogue

Did you try getting them recently EBB ?

semperfi55

Take a weekend and go round New Bond Street. They have almost all the big brands (no AP though). Have a look at watches, try them on and grab a catalogue at the end. Great afternoon :) 

Adit
26 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

Take a weekend and go round New Bond Street. They have almost all the big brands (no AP though). Have a look at watches, try them on and grab a catalogue at the end. Great afternoon :) 

Sounds like a good idea (think I'd best leave 'er indoors at home though :D)

semperfi55
1 hour ago, Adit said:

(think I'd best leave 'er indoors at home though :D)

Mandatory!

There is a new Lange boutique on the street, Lange has a nice thick hard cover catalogue.

There’s also the Burlington Arcade nearby which has lots of vintage watches.

Nearby to New Bond Street there is also William & Son, which is a department store. It sells smaller Swiss brands like FP Journe and H Moser & Cie. Might be able to get their catalogues too if lucky.

Yea make that many afternoons.... :lol: