Kyle_d

Maintenance?

Kyle_d

Noob alert

Ive never owned an automatic watch in my life and ive just got one, and will be getting more asap, so how do I look after it?? All I know at the moment is put it back in its box when not in use :chatty: do you have to service or is it something u just do if it starts not working right? 

Also my new purchase could do with a small link taking out but im shitting myself to try do it myself incase I scratch it or break something, is it tricky? Or really easy as pie... 

Luxuracer

Watch this video ... @Kyle_d

Which watch do you have ... so we can be better help you in resizing your bracelet?

Mike R
Noob alert
Ive never owned an automatic watch in my life and ive just got one, and will be getting more asap, so how do I look after it?? All I know at the moment is put it back in its box when not in use :chatty: do you have to service or is it something u just do if it starts not working right? 
Also my new purchase could do with a small link taking out but im shitting myself to try do it myself incase I scratch it or break something, is it tricky? Or really easy as pie... 

Service of watch should be done roughly every 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CurioLeo

Service depends on your watch.  A high end rep might justify  being serviced when it starts playing up if it is otherwise considered a top quality rep. A gen watch should be serviced,  anything from once every 4-5 years to 10 years for more recent Rolex models to 4 decades for vintage Seikos :rofl:  and if the watch is a cheap replica then throw it away and get another watch -  it will either not be worth servicing (service cost more than the watch cost) or a pain in the butt to service with cheap, fragile parts that are impossible to get hold off.

Kyle_d

Thanks so no servicing for a long time lol thats good.

Would you recommend a watch tool kit? Or at least a few basic items from one. I assume I need one of the things u screw and it pushes the pin out? 

NCRich
13 minutes ago, Kyle_d said:

Thanks so no servicing for a long time lol thats good.

Would you recommend a watch tool kit? Or at least a few basic items from one. I assume I need one of the things u screw and it pushes the pin out? 

Any inexpensive tool kit on Amazon such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ohuhu-Professional-PCS-Watch-Repair/dp/B00PVN1DC0/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=watch+tool+kit&qid=1551606403&s=gateway&sr=8-5

That is the best seller on Amazon, it won't be great quality but it will get you started and then you can see if you stick with it.  If you do then you can buy better.  I've worked on hundreds of watches with the no longer available RWG toolkit which was not very expensive.

BadPickle
7 hours ago, Mike R said:

Service of watch should be done roughly every 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: there’s been a few tinkerers banned from here who did it VERY roughly

with reps I,d say don’t bother with the service, just wear them until they break, then either put in a new movement or just sell them for spares and buy the newest/best available version out, rep versions are updated very quickly these days.