Mendes458

Sending my watch back to China

Mendes458

I'm sending a watch I received back to Andrew as it arrived with a faulty movement. I've waited for Chinese New Year to come and go (thanks to Del for reminding me).

I was wondering if there were any tips and tricks anyone knew to help my watch on its journey, such as how to fill out the customs forms or what to declare it as . . . . 

I've packed it with an enormous amount of bubble wrap in the same very protective box it came in. This is my first time sending something back so any info would be appretiated.

Mike R
5 minutes ago, Mendes458 said:

I'm sending a watch I received back to Andrew as it arrived with a faulty movement. I've waited for Chinese New Year to come and go (thanks to Del for reminding me).

I was wondering if there were any tips and tricks anyone knew to help my watch on its journey, such as how to fill out the customs forms or what to declare it as . . . . 

I've packed it with an enormous amount of bubble wrap in the same very protective box it came in. This is my first time sending something back so any info would be appretiated.

Hmmm that’s a good question. 

Wil be watching this thread

i only know it’s a absolutely last resort type thing. 

Any of you long time members wanna chime in ?

Have you talked to Andrew about sending part/movement to you ?

Sirob

I sent a faulty watch to China. Chinese customs stole my watch. Sent back an empty package. 

GingerApple

I've sent a couple back. I just asked the TD what to put on the forms and followed their instructions. I think for one of them I was told to put down 'sports timer' on the form.

I've not had an issue with the two I sent back. It took a while, but they both came back perfectly repaired in the end.

I made sure my package was tracked and needed to be signed for. At first I was concerned because it was showing on tracking as 'delivered' but the TD said he didn't have it. It took a week or so thereafter for the TD to confirm receipt. I was a noob then so I was thinking that the watch had gone forever, but I think the delay was just because it goes to a freight forwarder first who then sends it on to the TD.

Just send the watch and expect to wait two months at least. If it comes back before then, bonus! Good luck.

Del
On 03/03/2019 at 19:38, Mendes458 said:

The golden rule is "follow the TD's instructions to the letter".  If Andrew hasn't given you instructions then ask him for them.