GingerApple

Noob Needs help with NATO strap

Howitzer
16 minutes ago, Genius said:

Think you are wrong here.

Indeed @Genius you are certainly well-named in this case and I withdraw my previous statement about it being unusable. After about 20 mins of strap-wrangling, actually having a proper look at my gen strap, which is actually the same (what a twat) and head-scratching, I have got the rep strap set up correctly. Every day is a school day! 

However, after giving it a try, it's still distinctly average, but only in the same way that most rep straps are. The keepers are very tight and it's a battle to get the end of the strap through.

mr.tourette
56 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

Have you had a look at the Erika MN straps?

I had a Black Ops with PVD hardware on my Avenger GMT and it looked the business, even if the watch ultimately didn't make the cut. Thinking of getting the same but with SS hardware for my BB red.

https://erikasoriginals.com/mn-straps/blackops.php

Quite pricey but the quality is excellent and they are very comfortable, and sized specifically for your wrist so no unsightly excess flapping about (on the strap at least). I'd recommend taking a warm measurement though... ew. 

If my incoming BB GMT is a keeper I'm also considering a Trident with red stripe...

https://erikasoriginals.com/mn-straps/trident.php

You can buy that back at half price if you want..I'm not using it:lol:

Howitzer
You can buy that back at half price if you want..I'm not using it:lol:

Cheers mate! I would but for the PVD hardware...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerApple

Nope. Not a single clue what's going on here. I'm now more confused than ever before. @Howitzer you're going to have to show me photos for me to understand because Genius has puzzled me beyond mere bewilderment. Well, feel free not to bother because I'm not going to use that Nato now anyway - I don't like the feel of it - but without pics, I shall remain blissfully ignorant. And modest.

I suppose that's why he's called Genius and I'm called Tomatohead.....

Piloten

And I thought I had a headache before I started reading this. I really want to see this loosely set up on a watch.

GingerApple

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Got it!!!!

Thanks @Genius and @Howitzer

It seems like such an unnecessary way to make it though, I really don't see the advantage to a normal nato.

Howitzer
And I thought I had a headache before I started reading this. I really want to see this loosely set up on a watch.

Haven’t got my BBs with me at the mo, but here it is on my IWC...

71b20cf590cb35e53734a895a0a6731d.jpga95a7dcfad5524034140e35485bce5a3.jpg87db8d9c13cfb6fb13dd516bf37bf317.jpg

Just noticed that it’s on the wrong way round (inside of the strap is facing out) but can soon sort that now I know how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piloten

@Howitzer  Thanks.

That looks really slick, actually.

Howitzer
18 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Got it!!!!

Thanks @Genius and @Howitzer

It seems like such an unnecessary way to make it though, I really don't see the advantage to a normal nato.

No worries! Kept me from doing any actual work for quite some time.

GingerApple
8 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

No worries! Kept me from doing any actual work for quite some time.

:lmao:

Howitzer
4 minutes ago, Piloten said:

@Howitzer  Thanks.

That looks really slick, actually.

No problem at all. The BB looks fantastic on the OEM NATO, and having the spring bar set-up like that means it hugs the wrist more than a traditional NATO.

V6wVLa.md.jpg

I always like the look of a traditional NATO much more than the reality, the double layer of material under the case makes it feel too bulky, especially when you have to fold over any additional material at the end of the strap and double it back (which I usually have to do with my 7" wrists). I've tried shortening aftermarket NATOs myself but being a fat-handed twat I always end up ruining them. 

V6orgR.md.jpg