GingerApple

Noob Needs help with NATO strap

GingerApple

Hi, and welcome to the flame free zone!

Let me repeat: THIS IS THE FLAME FREE ZONE.

Right, so I've fitted loads on of nato straps without bother, simple little things. However I've got one nato (or at least a similar looking, fabric strap) that I can't fecking work out. It's a Tudor nato that came with my BB Red.

Now, every other nato I've ever come across has, at one end, the buckle. The buckle is always at the end of one side of the strap. Always. Except on this one - where instead, at the end of the strap, is a sown-in keeper whereas the buckle is upside down, half way along the strap! Eh!!?! I'm fucked if I can work out how the fecking thing fits. Anyone know? Is this some fake Tudor nato design that is a bit shit or am I being dim?

Wriggles

This should be in gen pop  discussion, it's not an intro and you're not a new member......I never worn a nato so can't help but I really believe this genuinely should be moved,it's upsetting the order of the universe......

GingerApple

Just wanted to be in the flame free zone....:picard2:

Look at the bloody thing:

VZBc4T.jpg

elp

Moved to GD 'cause :popcorn:

Golfer130i

Probably need to post a photo so we can have a look :bow:

BadPickle
9 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Just wanted to be in the flame free zone....:picard2:

Look at the bloody thing:

VZBc4T.jpg

Try using a different potato to take the pic

Golfer130i

Well it wasn’t there when I posted :blink:

GingerApple
1 minute ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Try using a different potato to take the pic

It's the light that I've got that is shite, rather than the potato. Let me turn on flash...

VZBgKh.jpg

Theviking

Can you photo the other side too

CurioLeo

That's not gen Tudor Nato, where the buckle is , there should be another springbar. Unlike a typical nato strap, the Tudor has specific springbar locations sawn into the correct location and the adjustments are made as a slider. A but hard to explain in words but that configuration you are showing in the photos is not right.

Jibuti

we need someone here to say:

Wastelanded and locked before another whiny cunt appears.

Glaude
29 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

we need someone here to say:

Wastelanded and locked before another whiny cunt appears.

Too much of us already in here

GingerApple

Fuck it!

I'm giving up. It's not that nice anyway, really shite quality (it was the cheap rep nato that came free with the rep BB Red on bracelet).

The biggest issue for me is that I love the BB Red in theory, but don't like it on a bracelet for some reason, the colour just doesn't work for me on the bracelet, but I don't want to flog it. I've been playing around with different straps for the past hour or so and I quite like it on dark nato straps so I've just bought another three natos from BluShark which will sort me out I reckon - black, admiltary grey and espresso. One of them will work! I've got it on a shitty, cheap black nato right now and I like it, but it's a wank nato and it deserves better. All good though, half way to solving the problem!

BadPickle

Knobhead :handjob:

GingerApple

If you knew how warm and fuzzy I feel inside when you do that, you'd never do it again. :thumbsup:

Howitzer
On 03/03/2019 at 21:09, TomatoheadFred said:

Hi, and welcome to the flame free zone!

Let me repeat: THIS IS THE FLAME FREE ZONE.

Right, so I've fitted loads on of nato straps without bother, simple little things. However I've got one nato (or at least a similar looking, fabric strap) that I can't fecking work out. It's a Tudor nato that came with my BB Red.

Now, every other nato I've ever come across has, at one end, the buckle. The buckle is always at the end of one side of the strap. Always. Except on this one - where instead, at the end of the strap, is a sown-in keeper whereas the buckle is upside down, half way along the strap! Eh!!?! I'm fucked if I can work out how the fecking thing fits. Anyone know? Is this some fake Tudor nato design that is a bit shit or am I being dim?

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! This is Chinese fakery brilliance on another level. I thought I'd get my rep BB NATO out to see if it's the same and, lo, it is. And, as such, a completely unusable clusterfuck. 

Here is a gen vs rep comparison:

V6M7NK.md.jpg V6MHPZ.md.jpg

It's not you Ginge, it's just Chinese QC at it's finest. They managed to sew in the hardware in the wrong place :rofl:

Buglicker

Tudor+Black+Bay+Trio+%25281%2529.jpg

On 03/03/2019 at 22:40, TomatoheadFred said:

Fuck it!

I'm giving up. It's not that nice anyway, really shite quality (it was the cheap rep nato that came free with the rep BB Red on bracelet).

The biggest issue for me is that I love the BB Red in theory, but don't like it on a bracelet for some reason, the colour just doesn't work for me on the bracelet, but I don't want to flog it. I've been playing around with different straps for the past hour or so and I quite like it on dark nato straps so I've just bought another three natos from BluShark which will sort me out I reckon - black, admiltary grey and espresso. One of them will work! I've got it on a shitty, cheap black nato right now and I like it, but it's a wank nato and it deserves better. All good though, half way to solving the problem!

Stick it on a Nero Strap mate. Vintage leather on a BB Red!

GingerApple

Double post

GingerApple
Just now, Buglicker said:

Stick it on a Nero Strap mate. Vintage leather on a BB Red!

I might, but I generally prefer natos to leather straps and I've already ordered three natos from blu shark - their premium ones which I've bought before and are really good quality. They were recommended on TRF as being a good replacement for (the excellent, but stupidly overpriced) Gen Tudor natos and I agree that they're really good. If they don't suit, I'll give Nero a go - I love the look of them in photos, I just don't like leather on me so much.

54 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! This is Chinese fakery brilliance on another level. I thought I'd get my rep BB NATO out to see if it's the same and, lo, it is. And, as such, a completely unusable clusterfuck. 

It's not you Ginge, it's just Chinese QC at it's finest. They managed to sew in the hardware in the wrong place :rofl:

Fuck me. That is special. Really special.

At least it wasn't me! My self belief in my status as total genius had been reinstated :thumbsup:

Wriggles
4 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Fuck me. That is special. Really special.

At least it wasn't me! My self belief in my status as total genius had been reinstated :thumbsup:

:rofl:  Never let it be said the gingerfucker isn't modest  :rofl:

deju

:lol: the daily struggles of ginger! 

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

:rofl:  Never let it be said the gingerfucker isn't modest  :rofl:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that: genius and modest.

Thanks for the reminder.

2 minutes ago, deju said:

:lol: the daily struggles of ginger! 

You normal-heads could never understand....

Howitzer

Have you had a look at the Erika MN straps?

I had a Black Ops with PVD hardware on my Avenger GMT and it looked the business, even if the watch ultimately didn't make the cut. Thinking of getting the same but with SS hardware for my BB red.

https://erikasoriginals.com/mn-straps/blackops.php

Quite pricey but the quality is excellent and they are very comfortable, and sized specifically for your wrist so no unsightly excess flapping about (on the strap at least). I'd recommend taking a warm measurement though... ew. 

If my incoming BB GMT is a keeper I'm also considering a Trident with red stripe...

https://erikasoriginals.com/mn-straps/trident.php

Genius
1 hour ago, Howitzer said:

I thought I'd get my rep BB NATO out to see if it's the same and, lo, it is. And, as such, a completely unusable clusterfuck. 

Think you are wrong here.

On 03/03/2019 at 22:07, CurioLeo said:

Tudor has specific springbar locations sawn into the correct location and the adjustments are made as a slider. A but hard to explain in words but that configuration you are showing in the photos is not right.

You are partly right but the sewn in springbar locations are only for the connections to the lugs of the watch the springbars for the buckle are not sewn in.

I happen to have a gen nato in my drawer here so I have snapped a photo that shows how it should be.  The rep one, it would appear, is in fact manufactured correctly, it just isn't looped over right just pop out the springbars fold it through and put the bars back in place.  Hey presto its a winner.

@TomatoheadFred have a look at this photo should explain how you need to do it

MW9BLwq.jpg

Wriggles

@TomatoheadFred   ^^^^^Genius here is the genius, rather appropriately. Think you'll just have to be left with "modest" :lol: