Foxindebox

2892 rep?

Foxindebox

Hi guys, just wanted to pose a question that some of you may be able to answer.

I have been working on a Top grade ETA 2892 for my watch course and want to find a home for it. Does anyone know of any reps that use the A2892 that I could swap out?

I’m not sure that the dimensions/stem height would allow for a straight swap with a 2836 etc.

Cheers

Mike R

@Foxindebox

3-1-300x274.jpg?resize=300%2C274

Seagull 2892 movement

This movement is actually the derivation of the above two movement, the overall performance is no different from the above two movements. The advantage of the seagull 2892 movement is thin. Many ultra-thin dresses are equipped with this movement. Another feature is the sound is very crisp when it is working, which is similar to the ETA2892. The MK factory’s IWC PORTOFINO FAMILY, IWC mark 18, Longines master single calendar are using this movement.

Pseudorep

Hublot Big Bang Classic Fusion reps use an A2892... althought not sure that's what you want to hear.

Foxindebox
3 hours ago, Mike R said:

@Foxindebox

3-1-300x274.jpg?resize=300%2C274

Seagull 2892 movement

This movement is actually the derivation of the above two movement, the overall performance is no different from the above two movements. The advantage of the seagull 2892 movement is thin. Many ultra-thin dresses are equipped with this movement. Another feature is the sound is very crisp when it is working, which is similar to the ETA2892. The MK factory’s IWC PORTOFINO FAMILY, IWC mark 18, Longines master single calendar are using this movement.

Cheers mate but the picture is of a 2836 and I have a 2892 -A2 Top grade to house in a new case, hence the question :)

I’ll have a look at the MK stuff, thanks!

3 hours ago, Pseudorep said:

Hublot Big Bang Classic Fusion reps use an A2892... althought not sure that's what you want to hear.

Hahahahahaha :lol:

Mike R
5 minutes ago, Foxindebox said:

but the picture is of a 2836 

Yes and a gen to,lol   The article had a picture of a movement above and below. I guess I should have given you the movement below(2892).

Anyway information should apply I just gave you the wrong movement picture in article. 

Good luck

Foxindebox

Cheers :thumbsup2:

3 hours ago, Mike R said:

Yes and a gen to,lol   The article had a picture of a movement above and below. I guess I should have given you the movement below(2892).

Anyway information should apply I just gave you the wrong movement picture in article. 

Good luck

watch.aholic

I think the new V6 LMPO has a 2892 engine in it.

Foxindebox

Anyone else?

BadPickle

There’s a site which gives has an abundance of info about movements, 

The 2892 is 1 ligne bigger than the 2836 with stem heights different etc...  so a swap is  not going to work without modifications 

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&ETA_2892

GingerApple

Ooh, sorry to go off topic, but where's your watch course (roughly) and is it good? I assume (no doubt wrongly) you're a Leicester man. Is the course Midlands ish? I really, really want a good watch course near me.

BadPickle
1 minute ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Ooh, sorry to go off topic, but where's your watch course (roughly) and is it good? I assume (no doubt wrongly) you're a Leicester man. Is the course Midlands ish? I really, really want a good watch course near me.

https://bhi.co.uk/training-education/short-courses/

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Thanks Pickle. I did have a look at the BHI courses that ran last year and I'm sure  they would be awesome, but my plan is for something local that I can do weekly, a night school kind of thing. So you have that regular improvement. None of my local colleges seem to have anything though. I suppose say a five day residential  With the BHI would be pretty useful and good fun. I might check that out. The distance learning thing doesn't appeal - we already have YouTube  afterall.

Have you done a BHI course (or is this a typical PBR recommendation like when someone asks for a forum trusted watchsmith and you do everything in your power not to mention Neil)? ;)

BadPickle
10 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Thanks Pickle. I did have a look at the BHI courses that ran last year and I'm sure  they would be awesome, but my plan is for something local that I can do weekly, a night school kind of thing. So you have that regular improvement. None of my local colleges seem to have anything though. I suppose say a five day residential  With the BHI would be pretty useful and good fun. I might check that out. The distance learning thing doesn't appeal - we already have YouTube  afterall.

Have you done a BHI course (or is this a typical PBR recommendation like when someone asks for a forum trusted watchsmith and you do everything in your power not to mention Neil)? ;)

No I haven’t done it, but I know a guy here who’s done the foundation one, says it’s a really good thing to do, he lives in Notts so wasn’t that far to travel.

I only ever recommend those on the TD list, that’s what it’s there for. 

GingerApple
1 minute ago, pickledbeetroot said:

No I haven’t done it, but I know a guy here who’s done the foundation one, says it’s a really good thing to do, he lives in Notts so wasn’t that far to travel.

I only ever recommend those on the TD list, that’s what it’s there for. 

I might treat myself for my birthday - a week away from the missus and sprogs playing with watches. And beer. And prostitutes.

BadPickle
59 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

I might treat myself for my birthday - a week away from the missus and sprogs playing with watches. And beer. And prostitutes.

Blimey, you’d need to be doin DIY jobs for a whole year to get that kind of pass out :lol: 

GingerApple
39 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Blimey, you’d need to be doin DIY jobs for a whole year to get that kind of pass out :lol: 

:lmao:

I wasn't planning on mentioning the prostitutes part......

Golfer130i
30 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

:lmao:

I wasn't planning on mentioning the prostitutes part......

Ah but that could well constitute part of one of the courses ........ “Basic hand skills” :fme:

FoxWilde
1 minute ago, Golfer130i said:

Ah but that could well constitute part of one of the courses ........ “Basic hand skills” :fme:

We call it “winding an automatic watch” :D 

Golfer130i

Ah that explains the need for watch repair courses then ....... too many broken main springs :giggle:

Foxindebox
5 hours ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Actually, I'm an Arsenal fan... For my sins.

My course is in Epping Forest near the Essex Hertfordshire border at a place called the Epping Forest Horology Centre. :)

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, Foxindebox said:

Actually, I'm an Arsenal fan.

Disappointing....

9 minutes ago, Foxindebox said:

My course is in Epping Forest near the Essex Hertfordshire border at a place called the Epping Forest Horology Centre. :)

Ahhhh yes, in that case I've asked you that before; I remember going through the website perhaps a year or so ago and being ridiculously jealous at the facilities that place has. Lucky man!

BadPickle
5 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Disappointing....

Ahhhh yes, in that case I've asked you that before; I remember going through the website perhaps a year or so ago and being ridiculously jealous at the facilities that place has. Lucky man!

Is that near you? 

GingerApple
33 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Is that near you? 

Nahhhh, otherwise I'd have joined it a year ago!

No one really knows where Hertfordshire is anyway so I'd never have found it.

josmcg

If you go to Trusty’s site and put 2892 in the search box, you get 190 watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk