Sign in to follow this  
Hupiukko

The crown doesn't screw down

Hupiukko

Got my self couple of months ago MKF Spectre from TD.  I like the watch a lot, and it does work good . The problem is that the crown has stopped to screw down. 

I can change straps etc myself, but I'm not trying to fix this on my own. What should I do? There are couple of watch smiths here, but they're not ok with the reps.  Can I ask a TD a replacement part (the crown and the pin on it?) since its only couple of month old?

Kernow

You can ask your TD, but they may request that you return the watch to them. A better idea IMO is to seek out a watchsmith on the forum here who can fix it for you. 

Dendo

The thread, where the crown screws down, on some reps is too soft and too short - so the thread wears and the crown does not screw in. 

Is it a big issue for you? 

I have a Panerai watch like this - manual wind so it needs a lot of screwing in and out - the thread is gone - so I don't screw the crown in and it is fine by me. 

It is not a complex repair but you will need a new screw collar - it is likely the thread on the crown itself will not be the problem, it will be the collar on the watch body I would guess.  By all means contact the TD - they may charge you or not - but expect to wait a while to get it replaced either way.  

Good luck.

Hupiukko

Thanks for the answers guys,  I'm gonna contact my TD and see what we're going to do.