Kyle_d

Full ceramic watches? Pam438?

Kyle_d

Can anyone recommend a full ceramic watch? Or any opinions on the vsf Pam438? The latest model is very gen like with regards to the movement and placement of balance wheel, but i think it's still a modified 7750 which I have read mixed reviews for..

Id also like a proper ceramic case not pvd or any other good quality dark materials.

The latest vsf po full ceramic is very 'me' but ive just got the vsf po gmt which is very similar apart from the strap.. I would like something different really.

Thanks

Edited by Kyle_d

Mr_B

As a rule I’d say stick to steel watches, ceramic can crack if you’re not careful. If you fancy something different, maybe go for a bronzo? 

JSJ

The IWC Big Pilot Miramar full ceramic is probably my favourite watch.
I don't have it with me at the moment but I might have a pic somewhere

Kyle_d
2 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

As a rule I’d say stick to steel watches, ceramic can crack if you’re not careful. If you fancy something different, maybe go for a bronzo? 

Oh right I wasnt aware of that thanks for the info. Not neccesrily different I just saw then and thought looked nice. Ill have a search, not sure what bronzo is .

Just now, JSJ said:

The IWC Big Pilot Miramar full ceramic is probably my favourite watch.
I don't have it with me at the moment but I might have a pic somewhere

This?

https://www.intime04.co/iwc/1514-big-pilot-5019-miramar-ceramic-case-black-asian-23j.html

I do like iwc but that's not my fav dial, I like the annual calendar best.

Mr_B
1 minute ago, Kyle_d said:

Oh right I wasnt aware of that thanks for the info. Not neccesrily different I just saw then and thought looked nice. Ill have a search, not sure what bronzo is .

Bronzo - bronze watch, Tudor do some nice ones, as do Panerai.

like this for example 

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_413&products_id=17059

JSJ

This is the Miramar. I have it on a gen kevlar strap.
I've regulated it to +2 seconds a day.
The power reserve goes down about twice as quickly as the gen and it has a smoother sweep than the gen. Hardly a deal breaker. 7ff4c3ce61fb3f3ef324b4918deb4cef.jpg

Kyle_d
4 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

Bronzo - bronze watch, Tudor do some nice ones, as do Panerai.

like this for example 

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_413&products_id=17059

Thats nice, not a fan of submersibles but ill check out some of their other bronzo models thanks :) I see its genuine bronze that ages over time thats cool.

1 minute ago, JSJ said:

This is the Miramar. I have it on a gen kevlar strap.
I've regulated it to +2 seconds a day.
The power reserve goes down about twice as quickly as the gen and it has a smoother sweep than the gen. Hardly a deal breaker. 7ff4c3ce61fb3f3ef324b4918deb4cef.jpg

Thats nice, I like big watches.

Kyle_d
1 minute ago, Mr_B said:

Ha. That’s nice!

It is! Doesnt say what movement is in them though just asian 23J, looked on puretime too, same.