LightGeek

Steinhart ... starting to be unhappy.

LightGeek

Too bad they're not a TD  :)

Elated when I received the Ocean 39 GMT as it's just about perfect. I also ordered the optional jubilee strap to make it perfect. Watch arrived last week -- without the optional strap.  I immediately took pictures and sent an email to both support and aftersales. Followed up several times and on Facebook as well. They've since replied ONCE -- basically to say it's not possible since they have to scan items before shipping and ask "Are you really sure?" I'm going to chalk the latter comment up to German translation. There has been no more contact since Monday.

The next course of action is to raise noise in social media -- but it doesn't seem to faze them. I'd call but it's long distance to Germany so I'm holding back. Finally, I need to somehow have them send it as replacement so I don't get dinged with taxes again coming in... though at this point I just want to get the dang strap.

Adit

Sorry to hear about this, but I have a distinct feeling that your first sentence  (with the smiley face, oddly) may be repeated to you

I would "bite the bullet" and phone them, hopefully they can't ignore a phone call.

deju

This is a legit transaction how did you pay, 

look into things like (in the uk section 75) on your credit card 

Genius

I had a great experience with steinhart customer service when I had an issue they were helpful and Germanically efficient. Was a couple of years ago now so maybe they got worse?  If you are struggling Gunther is on Facebook look him up and message him directly.

LightGeek

Still no reply. I've just reached out to Günter on Facebook. Not a happy camper.

ShovelnTC

I'm likely going to get one of those GMT's but luckily for me I prefer the Oyster style bracelet so won't need to order an extra but I hope they sort your Jubilee out soon.

Tits McGee

They're customer service is legendary. Very interesting?

LightGeek

Update... their (one?) aftersales person emailed me back noting they were out sick -- and sorry for the late response. They've confirmed my address but not confirmed how they will be declaring so I don't get dinged again for duty/taxes.

Tits McGee
2 hours ago, LightGeek said:

Update... their (one?) aftersales person emailed me back noting they were out sick -- and sorry for the late response. They've confirmed my address but not confirmed how they will be declaring so I don't get dinged again for duty/taxes.

Quit whining. It's a small company. Maybe someone got very sick, or worse. 

What's more surprising is that for someone who's been around here for an AWFUL long time, you whined three separate times in less than a week about a basic tenet of this hobby. "Patience".  :facepalm: 

BadPickle

Contact a mod 

Tits McGee

:rofl::dog-pooping:

Jibuti
1 hour ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Contact a mod 

again?!

BadPickle

LightGeek
Quit whining. It's a small company. Maybe someone got very sick, or worse.  What's more surprising is that for someone who's been around here for an AWFUL long time, you whined three separate times in less than a week about a basic tenet of this hobby. "Patience".  facepalm.gif    

Hahaha in any other forum I’d take that jab personally. I’m ruined by exemplary customer service when I’ve used it in the past months from Apple, Amazon, Chinese companies like Anker, etc. I’d think that a boutique brand that lives and dies by its reputation wouldn’t let aftersales support like that lapse. Sorry, death bed or critical injury or not, it’s a legitimate corporation with stakeholders beyond us colorful shady bunch — not a solo run TD.

BadApple
8 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

YOU CALLED? 

Glaude
15 hours ago, BADAPPLE said:

YOU CALLED? 

:rofl: 

Splendid !

brang1

Is this still available? 

LightGeek
15 hours ago, brang1 said:

Is this still available? 

On hold, pending funds.

brang1
6 hours ago, LightGeek said:

On hold, pending funds.

DAMN.... always just miss

LightGeek

Coming full circle now we’re squared. Thank you Steinhart.

977559812e210e218f3379f57d916116.jpg

b22d7bbfa52cd342fceabeb70c05f9c4.jpg

k3rm87

Good to see they fixed it up. 

I've had my eye on the 39mm for a while, might have to grab one.