Phillw100

Changing the strap on my Seiko srpc91k1

Phillw100

Hi all, new guy here.

I have very recently purchased a Seiko Srpc91k1 I love it so far. However the last couple of days I have been looking high and low and asking various sellers where I can get a steel bracelet (in the Uk) for it and so far no one has an answer. I have tried strap number SS221803B019(D) but have been told that will not fit.

The only half answer I can get is to try SS221803b019(UKD) (Both are on amazon btw) but if you look at this one it actually ships from hong kong and have already found at least one topic where customs have caused a problem. 

So I was wondering if anyone on here has changed the rubber band to a steel one (as I have seen various images of it done, so know it can be) and where I could try and find one or one that might fit?

Thanks alot.

FoxWilde

Shouldn’t any strap of the correct width fit?

Phillw100

Id say perhaps not as where the strap meets the case its more rounded than my other watches. But I cant see why any seiko strap that has the rounded end links would not fit, yet so far all I have been met with is *No does not fit* Someone did go as far to say as that model of turtle is the *New* case design but from photos they look the same as any other. I bought the watch on a whim as I saw it and could not resist the face so really do not know much about them at all!

Phillw100
26 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

I can't give a definitive answer as I haven't tried that model, but first places I'd try would be UncleSeiko or Yobokies. Google is your friend

Actually, Strapcode might be a better bet

https://www.strapcode.com/collections/replacement-band-for-seiko-new-turtle

Yes I have looked briefly at the above site, but as far as I can tell they are based/ship from america, was hoping to find one closer to home. But thanks all the same, have you or anyone else had any experience with strapcode?

Foxindebox

I believe the issue is that most aftermarket bracelets are made to fit the vintage Turtle. The case shape of the newer one is slightly different and you have to make sure the one you want to buy is designed for the new case. Why not drop the sellers an email to see what the score is before buying. As for customs, why would there be an issue?

Wriggles
1 hour ago, Phillw100 said:

1 hour ago, Phillw100 said:

Yes I have looked briefly at the above site, but as far as I can tell they are based/ship from america, was hoping to find one closer to home. But thanks all the same, have you or anyone else had any experience with strapcode?

Why does that matter. Its only a strap, you're not importing a car

Phillw100

I have since messaged a few sellers I can find selling the older style strap and asking if they sell a new one or can point me in a new direction at least. The only thread I have found was due to it being imported from hongkong to the UK it was stopped at UK customs over a VAT dispute. Customs said it had not been paid, the buyer said it had, and thus went back and forward for a little while until they produced a recipt from amazon I believe, stating that any VAT had been paid in the purchase cost. It was only the one thread but was enough to make me cautious. But yes I think I am on to what I can now see as newer turtles and hunting down a strap for one of those at least.

2 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Why does that matter. Its only a strap, you're not importing a car

Time more so than anything, was hoping to have it swapped out before next weekend. But seems the US maybe the only hope thus far.