cmflynn

1st order advice on servicing

cmflynn

Hey everyone, I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on my first rep order, and have pretty much settled on the 2 watches I’m ordering, the 1st being a zenith type 20 with a miyota 9015 and a ksf gmt Master II blnr with an A2836 from trusty time. Trusty offers a service for an extra $120, and since from what I have read the main flaw in reps is the quality of the movement assembly I thought this seemed like a good idea. Has anyone had any experience with having their watches serviced by trusty, or would I be better off finding a local/trusted watchmaker after I received the watches? Also, is it worth having then miyota serviced or would it just make more sense to replace it when it stops working? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by cmflynn

BadPickle

Buy them, wear them, when they break get them fixed. 

The 2 movements are pretty sound so I wouldn’t bother with the extra expense of having them serviced.  I’ve had 2836’s which have run for years with no issues. 

fatarms
7 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Buy them, wear them, when they break get them fixed. 

The 2 movements are pretty sound so I wouldn’t bother with the extra expense of having them serviced.  I’ve had 2836’s which have run for years with no issues. 

^ This.  Don't service a watch, especially a rep, unless it's needed.

GenTLe

Service it only if necessary AND don't let any TD to fiddle with it. If you've need to service a watch, let it go to a professional from this side of the world...