Pseudorep

Moving Overseas with a Large Rep Collection

Pseudorep

So an interesting question for everyone, and not quite your usual travelling question.

In just over a year I will likely be moving overseas (Australia back to UK) and I am wondering how best to get my rep collection (currently 8 but will likely will be more by then) & 4 gen Seikos back with me.

Sending with all my other goods in a shipping container seems too risky.

Which leaves travelling with me on the plane, now I suspect travelling with 12 watches is highly likely to arouse suspicion from customs, not least if I come in with a couple of large full cases at the same time.

Other people who have moved overseas and taken their reps with them... what's the best way of moving them?

GingerApple
11 minutes ago, Pseudorep said:

So an interesting question for everyone, and not quite your usual travelling question.

In just over a year I will likely be moving overseas (Australia back to UK) and I am wondering how best to get my rep collection (currently 8 but will likely will be more by then) & 4 gen Seikos back with me.

Sending with all my other goods in a shipping container seems too risky.

Which leaves travelling with me on the plane, now I suspect travelling with 12 watches is highly likely to arouse suspicion from customs, not least if I come in with a couple of large full cases at the same time.

Other people who have moved overseas and taken their reps with them... what's the best way of moving them?

Dude, I stick that many in my luggage when I travel for a week! Literally.

Just pop them in your suitcase! No one gives a fuck.

Pseudorep
5 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Well that was an easy problem to solve. I usually travel with 3 or so, but figured after maybe 10 you might start raising eyebrows.

kuvarsit

I had 10watches for a trip of 5countried and nobody bothered me , ( had two of them in my wrist and other 8 in my luggage. ) 

as you are the user nobody can bother you, the custom problem is only when they will be shipped with delivery so they will be thinking it is for trade and there need to be a tax for them, 

thats all. 

Good luck and have a nice trip 

Glaude
36 minutes ago, Pseudorep said:

Well that was an easy problem to solve. I usually travel with 3 or so, but figured after maybe 10 you might start raising eyebrows.

Bear in mind that he's a ginger, they don't want to deal with him more than they need to...

If you are somewhat good looking or even remotely human, you may want to wait for other inputs on that question ...

(Silliness aside, I think that if you have them in a watchbox, in your luggage, they could ask questions, but telling them you are moving in and this is just your collection will probably get you out of any trouble)

Abe Fromen

Travel with them on you. No one gives a toss.

Hell, 20 years ago the owner of a watch chain in Toronto would travel back here from Switzerland with his overcoat stuffed with Rolex and Patek (seriously, his watchmaker told me his overcoat had special compartments made to accommodate about 50 pieces) and he never got stopped. However, when Rolex and Patek found out he was buying in Switzerland and reselling as new in Toronto at his shop, the proverbial shit hit the fan. LOL

GingerApple
36 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Bear in mind that he's a ginger

An unsubstantiated slur!!!!

You Sir, are a cad!

Glaude
1 minute ago, TomatoheadFred said:

An unsubstantiated slur!!!!

You Sir, are a cad!

:woo:

GingerApple

:duel:

Nikosaldente
1 hour ago, TomatoheadFred said:

That's not always good, cause your case might "get lost".

I went to the US 4 years ago with my wife to visit her relatives for Christmas...We had 2 suitcases and 2 carry one...

The two carry one and the one suitcase had gifts and stuff for her family and the one suitcase had all of our stuff.

She had stuffed in our suitcase a couple of her watches, rings, earrings and a couple of necklaces without telling me...

Our suitcase "got lost" somewhere in O'Hare Chicago airport,  never to be seen again and received no compensation whatsoever.....:mad: We had to buy everything again.....

So if you use a suitcase,  it's  better to be your carry on....

semperfi55

Travelled through UK customs, wearing two watches and 8 more in a watch case in my carry-on. No problems! Ditto in Singapore. But they probably have more watch collectors per capita anyway :lol: