Abe Fromen

customs question

Abe Fromen

What's the longest a watch has been held in customs before being released? I'm at 10 days now and counting. 

paccbet

Probably a week during the CP strike

fatarms

I once had one sit for 15 days in NYC before the tracking showed it moved to the next location.  I fully expected "the letter" after the first week.

Abe Fromen

Literally an hour after I posted this, tracking changed to show it's been released. Should arrive Monday. That's the longest I've had something sitting with CBSA. 

Piloten

You're welcome.

rolexlover101
On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:50, Abe Fromen said:

What's the longest a watch has been held in customs before being released? I'm at 10 days now and counting. 

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:03, Abe Fromen said:

Literally an hour after I posted this, tracking changed to show it's been released. Should arrive Monday. That's the longest I've had something sitting with CBSA. 

Was this Chicago customs?  I have one been sitting there since 3/29/2019  (11 days now and counting...)

fatarms
35 minutes ago, rolexlover101 said:

Was this Chicago customs?  I have one been sitting there since 3/29/2019  (11 days now and counting...)

I have two different packages sitting there.  One since March 31 and another since March 27.  What the hell are they doing up there?  :Waiting:

BadPickle

Stopped checking years ago

rolexlover101
2 hours ago, fatarms said:

I have two different packages sitting there.  One since March 31 and another since March 27.  What the hell are they doing up there?  :Waiting:

Wow...so one before me and one right after.  I bet they're all sitting in the same pile right now....

What's the average "release" time for the hold?  3 weeks?  Or is it gone/seized now?

fatarms
1 hour ago, rolexlover101 said:

Wow...so one before me and one right after.  I bet they're all sitting in the same pile right now....

What's the average "release" time for the hold?  3 weeks?  Or is it gone/seized now?

Actually, the longest I've waited (I actually posted it above to the OP) was 15 days, but that was going through NYC.  The one from the 27th is a Cartier rep sent via FedEx (Marvellous's suggestion) and the one from the 31st is a couple of cheap, non replica watches from AliExpress sent via Honk Kong post.  I think they might sit a little longer on shipments from China, I dunno.  I'll just keep waiting :lol:  Gotta have patience here.

rolexlover101

Damn I have a Rolex and a AP.  I think I'm screwed. 

fatarms

Hopefully yours move soon, both of mine were released today.

rolexlover101
20 hours ago, fatarms said:

Hopefully yours move soon, both of mine were released today.

Oh wow.. I'm very happy for you.  Mine is still stuck though :( but thanks for letting me know.  

Hmmm...since yours 3/27 and 3/31 were released and mine is right in between yours 3/29 without any movement.  Mine may be in trouble.. :(

Edited by rolexlover101

rolexlover101

Okay...Day 17th and still stuck.  Just give me the damn "seized letter" so I can move on..... This suspense is killing me!!!

herdpm
Okay...Day 17th and still stuck.  Just give me the damn "seized letter" so I can move on..... This suspense is killing me!!!
Did your watch every show up? I'm on day 14.

rolexlover101

No sir...  :(

herdpm

Same here, day 15

rolexlover101

Got the letter today...The End.

narikaa
On 15/04/2019 at 16:14, rolexlover101 said:

Be careful what you ask for.....

herdpm
Got the letter today...The End.
I hope I get mine today. Just get it over with.