mojorising2

Overseas Repair of Replica TH

mojorising2

I have a replica of a Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 5 Automatic bought on holiday in Vietnam last year.

I am in Australia.

It has stopped working. Wind-up mechanism feels tight like it is overwound.

Second hand still ticks for a minute if shaken.

I would like to get it repaired as I really like it or at least attempt at repair.

It only cost $80 so not worth throwing much money at. I don't think repair shops in Australia would look at a replica and they would charge an arm and a leg anyway..

The simplest way would be to wait until I am next overseas in KL or somewhere and get it fixed but I am not sure when that might be.

Is there a reputable shop in KL/BKK/PP/Saigon or anywhere in cheap labour countries that does repairs if you send them the watch from overseas?

Edited by mojorising2

NFleischer

Hi and welcome. If it were me, I'd let it go. The time, money and effort involved with that kind of thing is not worth it for a cheap rep.

I would put that money towards a new watch , rep or gen.

quacks

If you really want to put in some money into repairing the watch maybe you could look at Singapore?

There are a couple of reliable watch smiths but I don't know if the issue you have with the watch is worth the repair cost.

Rx4Time

Here's a thread to get you started....

I don't see why you should have to ship it overseas.

mojorising2

Thanks for the suggestions.

I will follow up with some of those aussie links

I have a few  fake watches. They are mostly around 10 years old and all work perfectly.

The first fake I ever bought (in Dubai in 2003 - $50) broke down in 2008 and I got it repaired in Phnom Penh for $5. Still works perfect to this day.

I love this new fake TH I got in December in Vietnam. Sods law it is the only fake I have ever bought that I truly love and it is also the only fake out of the 25 or so I own that broke down very quickly.

An aussie repairer would probably charge more just to open it up than I paid for it ($80) but I will have to find some way of fixing it as it is too gorgeous to not wear and the real thing costs about $4000 I think.

I am on the Gold Coast by the way so if anybody knows any place up in QLD that would be handy too.

Edited by mojorising2