For a noob review, go here:

replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14731

No jibber jabber, just pics.

dsc00978picnik.jpg

dsc00981picnik.jpg

dsc00997picnik.jpg

dsc01011es.jpg

Luthier

I'm sure you'll love this watch as much as I love mine.

Good buy, congrats!!!

Rav747

Thanks, Luth :iamin: and I do. Since my brother "borrowed" the one with the 7750 movt one, I may have to buy your version on the stainless steel, if I remember correctly.

kan3

Looks great, I ordered the automatic version.

Rav747

Thanks, kan. I have that also. Or used to, at least.

nunu78

Rav,thts look gr8888888888888888888

Rav747

Thanks, nunuuuuuuuuu :iamin:

Del

Nice Rav :iamin:

Rav747

Thanks, Del B)

samurai dave

very nice, i am considering a quartz tag myself. Less to go wrong. I may have found the one for me. Enjoy. :-)

Rav747

Thanks, Dave. Wearing it as I type this :)

cajarana

I have one of this, quartz movement also. Runs very well, and is very beautifull in the wrist.

Congrats.

Rav747

I agree and thanks :(

pkasquad

So Rav you have both the quartz version and the automatic version of this watch...what do you think the major differences are (obviously aside from the rear casing, movement and the bezel "200 vs 0" issue) between the two? How about the feel of the watches? I love the black calibre rs 36 but the automatic has the bezel issue, so I was thinking of getting the ss automatic and the quartz pvd.

let me know your thoughts

prestigewatchco

A lot of different versions of the quartz some are cheap and tacky the better ones use a similar quality case to 7750 and are the ones to get

pkasquad

where can I find the better quality ones? Also, I'm going to assume the quartz have the ticking movement instead of the gliding movement on the a7750's right?

Rav747

Pkasquad, if you have the doh go for the 7750. Don't get me wrong the quartz is amazing quality. Weight is pretty much the same(7750 is heavier), the ar is the same. On my qtz version bezel is not an issue, but my 7750 has the 200 vs 0 issue. The qtz date back ground is white while the 7750 is black (like the gen). In the qtz the left dial doesn't function, but in the 7750 it alternates(that's pretty cool) I wish i had the 7750 on me to do a good comparison of the two and take pics, but my brother "borrowed" it and haven't see it since. Ha!

so, the qtz is an excellent watch for the money and a great daily beater esp if you use the chrono function a lot like I do. if you have 350+ to spend, hands down the 7750. Both reflect the price, but the qtz is surprisingly very very nice at that price point.

Rav747
where can I find the better quality ones? Also, I'm going to assume the quartz have the ticking movement instead of the gliding movement on the a7750's right?

Robert sells them, I believe. That's the one i got. Yes. There are ticks, but being black its hardly noticeable unless you hand someone the watch. The sub dials are small and the structure of it kinda blocks the ticking motion. It's def a head turner this thing.

hadzo2000

Hi Rav 747

Please could you tell me who is Robert ? I would like to order this model RS36, thank you in advance

All the best

J.

Chairman7w

Awesome! Just approved my QC pics today for mine!

core

A lot of different versions of the quartz some are cheap and tacky the better ones use a similar quality case to 7750 and are the ones to get

I love this TAG and would like to purchase a high quality Black PVD Quartz version, but in several reviews and TD website pictures of the high quality quartz and 7750 versions, I've seen a flaw that is a dealbreaker for me:

- The Geneva Stripes on the metal arc surrounding the 3 o'clock sub-dial are not at 0 degrees horizontal, and they are not parallel to the Geneva Stripes on the center bridge.

Do all of the high quality Black versions have this problem?

I haven't seen this problem on any of the SS versions or the "low quality" Black versions.

Wriggles

Get a gen. There are always flaws on rep's, even the best super reps if you know what you're looking for. From your other posts you seem to be expecting or looking for an RS36 with 0 flaws. They only exist as gen's

The issues you are raising are very very small issues, either change your expectations or go gen. You seriously think someone is going to look at it on your wrist and go "oh your Cote de Geneve is 2.7degrees off"? No. They'll go "what watch is that, it looks really cool"

To the poster asking about Robert, he has since passed away, the Gulag is dedicated to his memory.

core

Get a gen. There are always flaws on rep's, even the best super reps if you know what you're looking for. From your other posts you seem to be expecting or looking for an RS36 with 0 flaws. They only exist as gen's

The issues you are raising are very very small issues, either change your expectations or go gen. You seriously think someone is going to look at it on your wrist and go "oh your Cote de Geneve is 2.7degrees off"? No. They'll go "what watch is that, it looks really cool"

To the poster asking about Robert, he has since passed away, the Gulag is dedicated to his memory.

I am not looking for a rep version with zero flaws. As I said in my post above, there is only one flaw that is a dealbreaker for me.

The other flaws that I listed in a different post do not bother me. I only mentioned them because I thought it was interesting that these flaws existed in the newer, higher quality rep versions but not in the older, lower quality rep versions. There are also many flaws on the back of the case on all versions and they do not bother me either.

I have done my research, read a lot of reviews and checked many TD websites. But there are so many versions of this rep from different makers/factories and different TD's, so I may have missed some. I did not think it was unreasonable to ask a simple question here to see if another member could help me find a version with the higher quality case but without the Geneva Stripes problem.

Wriggles

Fair enough, it seemed the opposite from what you wrote. Flaws change from version to version, so it is reasonably common a newer version has an improved case for example, but a bezel with a new flaw. A reason why some of the older versions are more sought after.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the Cote de Geneve, it shouldn't be very noticeable in real life, remember photos on websites are magnified and therefore flaws are magnified as well. This is on my list to get, was fairly high up the list before I came to RWG, now it's slipped down a lot but still on the list. The high end 7750 will be the one I go for and the Geneve stripes won't worry me.

That said everyone has their own views and needs, and if you really feel the stripes are a dealbreaker fair enough, maybe someone else has a different version but likely if it's an older version you may have to wait for M2M.

Have you tried asking over on RWI?