Tennesseehorn

First Rep Order in 10 Years——Not Going Well

Tennesseehorn

First order in 10 years (last time I used a money order).  Now that credit cards seem to be verboten I tried WU online via my bank account (bank works with  WU for the transfers) and was informed by the TD the designated receiver was just banned by WU!  They want me to resend the amount again to another receiver but that amount money hasn’t been returned to my account.  Anyone else have that happen and what did you do?  I’m new at this type of transaction and I’m not mad just want to get this resolved.  Thanks. 

Edited by Tennesseehorn
Spelling

stallion1618

Hi,

I have no experience in these matters.

However, your bank should be able to perform a chargeback to retrieve the funds.

If you used a credit card, then activate a section 75 chargeback, consult with your credit card issuer.

If you used a debit card, then instruct the bank to perform a chargeback.

Naturally only perform the above for legitimate reasons.

Hope it helps.

Kindest regards,

Joseph

Edited by stallion1618

BadApple

Sounds like your money is with WU so contact them for a return. If the receiver is banned they can't be allocated the money. If they are not then they will have it. 

Also with WU you can check if the money has been collected. 

Ahew9391

How much were you refunded ?

The difference is probably just currency conversion. I have had this happen previously, I emailed the dealer and they reduced the difference from the purchase price. It was on about a tenner but I didn't see why I should have lost it as I was only acting under their instructions.

Good luck anyway, it'll only get better from now.

GenTLe
7 hours ago, Tennesseehorn said:

First order in 10 years (last time I used a money order).  Now that credit cards seem to be verboten I tried WU online via my bank account (bank works with  WU for the transfers) and was informed by the TD the designated receiver was just banned by WU!  They want me to resend the amount again to another receiver but that amount money hasn’t been returned to my account.  Anyone else have that happen and what did you do?  I’m new at this type of transaction and I’m not mad just want to get this resolved.  Thanks. 

Yes, it happened to me. I called the WU help desk and gave them the new addressee and that's all.

Tennesseehorn

Well talked with WU and they said since I did the transfer online they could not change the receiver's name so I have to call ANOTHER number and get them to cancel and issue me a refund!  I want to wait until I get my money back before doing this again.  Oh well.

lrnz

Happened to me before, there's no need to contact the bank, just talk with Wu and you'll have your money refunded without any problem.