Omegafan82

When will these be considered vintage

Omegafan82

Are these vintage yet ?

1zd8b47.png

Edited by Omegafan82

watch.aholic

It'll take decades... Even though this particular genre of the seamaster has a lot of fan boys.. It won't be considered a vintage until a lot of time elapses.. 

BenjaminButton

After you have stained the lume, faded the dial, scratched the case and perhaps taken a hammer to the bracelet. Then, as far as I can gather, you will be the proud owner of a vintage watch. Good luck.

Khronos

They were made until 2007, so they can hardly be considered vintage. Otherwise I love this design, I find it much more appealing than the Bond version. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I'd get a good price for a well preserved watch with box and papers. I never saw one sell for 800$ like you bought yours though.. Where did you get it? Or maybe better - when? :D

Omegafan82
42 minutes ago, Khronos said:

They were made until 2007, so they can hardly be considered vintage. Otherwise I love this design, I find it much more appealing than the Bond version. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I'd get a good price for a well preserved watch with box and papers. I never saw one sell for 800$ like you bought yours though.. Where did you get it? Or maybe better - when? :D

Picked it up about 3 months ago on the bay . Came with the gen rubber band .

No box or papers but had the service papers.  Took it to mall of millennia in Orlando just to make sure it was good and Omega said it was gen.

Edited by Omegafan82

deju

Vintage is 20+ years old 

Antique is 100+ years old 

RussP

At my age, I'm firmly in between vintage and an antique :daffy:

Mystery Shopper

2030 or there abouts

BadPickle
14 minutes ago, Mystery Shopper said:

2030 or there abouts

Half past eight in the evening? ?  WOW YOU’RE GOOD!! 

This is why you’re quickly becoming my favourite mod here...... limitless knowledge 

Khronos
3 hours ago, Omegafan82 said:

Picked it up about 3 months ago on the bay . Came with the gen rubber band .

No box or papers but had the service papers.  Took it to mall of millennia in Orlando just to make sure it was good and Omega said it was gen.

I've been hunting for one ( quartz, like yours) for the past 2 months and semi decent ones start at about 1500$,at least over here in the EU. There are absolutely none in my country, everybody was buying the blue Bond version back then. You really got a bargain and it looks like a good unit ( pics are a bit blurry :D ) Wear it in good health! 

Another thing - how go these "feel"? Are they solid and well made? Or a bit more on the rattly side, like some other older watches? 

Omegafan82
31 minutes ago, Khronos said:

I've been hunting for one ( quartz, like yours) for the past 2 months and semi decent ones start at about 1500$,at least over here in the EU. There are absolutely none in my country, everybody was buying the blue Bond version back then. You really got a bargain and it looks like a good unit ( pics are a bit blurry :D ) Wear it in good health! 

Another thing - how go these "feel"? Are they solid and well made? Or a bit more on the rattly side, like some other older watches? 

Solid . End links are solid . Sold my Rolex ceramic sub and kept this . Very solid. And nice and thin. 

Not a scratch on mine. Was a very good deal

Omegafan82

53nuoy.jpg

Khronos
4 minutes ago, Omegafan82 said:

Solid . End links are solid . Sold my Rolex ceramic sub and kept this . Very solid. And nice and thin. 

Not a scratch on mine. Was a very good deal

Thanks mate! Now I really need one, I wanna be like Ray Donovan :D

Omegafan82

53nuoy.jpg

23kxeq.jpg

Just now, Khronos said:

Thanks mate! Now I really need one, I wanna be like Ray Donovan :D

Yes met him and he wears the quartz in real life too. That's why I bought it 

Khronos

Yeah, I read that somewhere, this is actually his personal watch and not a prop. I never cared for the guy in the past, but I've been a die hard fan ever since the first episode. I'm a tiny bit jealous that you got to meet him ;)

Anyways, first I need the sword SMP, the next step is the CLS 500 :D

FoxWilde

25 years till vintage in my book!

Mystery Shopper
23 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Half past eight in the evening? ?  WOW YOU’RE GOOD!! 

This is why you’re quickly becoming my favourite mod here...... limitless knowledge 

I'll need to borrow Mike R's GMT just to double check that time.  :D