Bertus15

New guys first post

Bertus15

Hi Guys,

I have been reading posts  for a while now and think it's time to come from the shadows and stop lurking.  While I do find watches fascinating I'm not sure I consider myself a collector. When you look at my watches, you'll probably feel that way to 8-)

I'm  mainly here to learn, so thanks for all your knowledge.

Now let's see if I can get some pictures in.

Sternglas     Miyota 821A  Sternglas.jpg
Parnis           Miyota 9100 Parnis.jpg
Carnival      Seagull ST1731 Carnival.jpg
Quanqin 3Cal    ??? not ty2869 Guanqin-triple-cal.jpg
Quanqin Lambda   Hangzhou 2B00/2Ba0  Lambda.jpg
Dan Henry                 Seiko VK63  DHenry1964.jpg
LLarsen                        Chin quartz  LLarsen.jpg
Nomos Tangente    Jap quartz Tangente.jpg

Ok that didn't work how about this? https://postimg.cc/gallery/2oqufbpsq/

Edited by Bertus15

Adit

Welcome aboard Bertus, from one newbie to another, to the University Of Repdom. Plenty to educate oneself on, herein :)

Enthusiast88

So you like white dial dress watches:Thinking:  i can see you becoming a collecter by the end of the year! :D Welcome to RWG 

Bertus15

Well I don't care much for divers since I don't dive, not much for fliegers because I don't fly, not much for sportswatches, because..well you can see where this is going.

I like dress watches because I'm no nudist.  :kidding:

PostMaster
1 minute ago, Bertus15 said:

Well I don't care much for divers since I don't dive, not much for fliegers because I don't fly, not much for sportswatches, because..well you can see where this is going.

:giggle:

Welcome, we all are learning everyday. Nice collection, look forward to some more.

All the best Sir 

GingerApple
13 minutes ago, Bertus15 said:

You're deffo not going to fit in here...

:flash:

Enthusiast88
3 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Naughty! 

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! 

That Breguet Carnival is very nice !

Bertus15

Bwahahahaha. Didn't see that one coming.  Hadn't looked at the whole list of emoji before, but if they are any indication, this is going to be a fun place. 

50 minutes ago, Glaude said:

That Breguet Carnival is very nice !

Thank you.  Got it from Ali express. It's pretty thin (for a chinese watch) too.  I don't have a measure, but it's about a mil and a half thinner than the Sternglas  (10mm), which should put it around  8.5mm.  Thin watches  are what I like, but I haven't been able to find  many  chinese mechanical watches below 10mm.

It came in at the beginning of last week. I had to replace the strap though. It smelled like leather, but there was something wrong with it; it gave me red discoloration of my skin in  4 hours, burned and itched like mad. Could be the material itself or the chemicals it was treated with. Maybe my  sweat dissolved something ?  /shrug . I tossed it in the bin.

I've read the review of the rep Breguet and that looks nicer, a lot nicer.  It's on my list  of thing to buy now.

Thanks guys!

fatarms

Welcome, bud.  I have the same Guanqin Lambda homage, my son has one and my wife has the blue dial one.  It's a spectacular watch for the price.  Threw mine on a hornback croc strap from ebay:

CFDzTsp.jpg

FoxWilde

Nice dressy collection!

welcome

Robtherib

White dial not my thing, but nice collections !

Bertus15
7 hours ago, fatarms said:

Welcome, bud.  I have the same Guanqin Lambda homage, my son has one and my wife has the blue dial one.  It's a spectacular watch for the price.  Threw mine on a hornback croc strap from ebay:

I've been wearing the Breguet homage a lot lately, but prior to that the Lambda homage was my favorite.  Here in the Netherlands most people have had German and English in school, so I get a lot of comments about the text being  half in English while the other half is in German.  People find it amusing.  8-)  Choosing between the white or the blue version was a hard choice, because both are pretty and like Rob pointed out, I have a lot of light dials already. Being an old fart, my eyesight isn't what it used to be, so practicality won out and I chose the white one. The strap that comes with it is a torture device that pulls the hair from my wrist. I replaced it with a thick milanese strap that does add a lot of weight, but  it's a look that I really like.  The blue croc looks  nice to: might give that a try.

quadro
167/5000
Hello and welcome
On this Forum, people are friendly and give good advice.
You have good tastes. Like you, I also like white dials.
:wave: Good time.