reasonoverpassion

Hey everyone, here's some information about myself I've assembled for your potential evaluation and engagement

GingerApple

I'd be surprised if Intime can get it when the rest can't. That said, they do tend to have very early access to newly released reps, so they've obviously got something of a good relationship with the factories. But if they do have it (if they really, really have it and don't just say they have it), then all my experiences with them have been positive.

reasonoverpassion
1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

I'd be surprised if Intime can get it when the rest can't. That said, they do tend to have very early access to newly released reps, so they've obviously got something of a good relationship with the factories. But if they do have it (if they really, really have it and don't just say they have it), then all my experiences with them have been positive.

He just emailed to say it's in stock. I'm guessing he probably doesn't want to send QC photos to prove it without payment, though, which is understandable. 

Most likely worst case scenario probably just having to select a different model if he didn't have it and couldn't obtain it?

Piloten

That reminds me. I wonder if the nods can put a character limit on titles . . .

elp
Just now, Piloten said:

Fucking nods. Useless.

GingerApple
31 minutes ago, reasonoverpassion said:

He just emailed to say it's in stock. I'm guessing he probably doesn't want to send QC photos to prove it without payment, though, which is understandable. 

Most likely worst case scenario probably just having to select a different model if he didn't have it and couldn't obtain it?

It's not in stock. They don't have stock. You pay him, he'll go to market and try to buy it and if no one else can get it, he probably can't either. Put it this way - have back up watches you want to order or be prepared to ask for your money back (losing a bit on currency conversions etc). Try and buy the newest releases so you know they're really available.

reasonoverpassion
14 minutes ago, Piloten said:

They certainly don't seem to believe in limiting characters, at least not based on the people I've encountered on the forum thus far ;-)

reasonoverpassion
Just now, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

It's not in stock. They don't have stock. You pay him, he'll go to market and try to buy it and if no one else can get it, he probably can't either. Put it this way, have back up watches you want to order or be prepared to get your money back (losing a bit on currency conversions etc).

This was my suspicion. I'm tempted to grab one of the Hulks Kuvarsit just posted for $299 and then wait awhile until the VRF MAX is more widely available / comes up for sale in M2M down the line. Should be working my way up anyhow, and may decide I want to spend the extra for the VR3135

Glaude
1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

It's not in stock. They don't have stock. You pay him, he'll go to market and try to buy it and if no one else can get it, he probably can't either. Put it this way - have back up watches you want to order or be prepared to ask for your money back (losing a bit on currency conversions etc). Try and buy the newest releases so you know they're really available.

While this is true most of the time, Josh surprised me in the past with being able to obtain some old models, given his size, he may have some stock somewhere

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, Glaude said:

While this is true most of the time, Josh surprised me in the past with being able to obtain some old models, given his size, he may have some stock somewhere

A VRF Max? I doubt it. Possible, but nah.

Sleepy

*edit* Tiredness lead me to mistake this for an introductory thread for all, apologies, will start a new thread.

Edited by Sleepy
Tiredness and stupidity on my part.

reasonoverpassion

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

*edit* Tiredness lead me to mistake this for an introductory thread for all, apologies, will start a new thread.

No problem, welcome!

3 hours ago, Glaude said:

Big fella, is he? Kidding aside, I'm just not sure if I want to take the risk. 

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

A VRF Max? I doubt it. Possible, but nah.

Can I ask why they are rare? It seems like they hit in October 2018 and by Chinese New Year were just gone. Potential legal entanglements which have not been sufficiently resolved so as to permit their re-establishment?

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, reasonoverpassion said:

Can I ask why they are rare? It seems like they hit in October 2018 and by Chinese New Year were just gone. Potential legal entanglements which have not been sufficiently resolved so as to permit their re-establishment?

I was never interested in buying one so didn't really  pay that much attention to them - I just became aware that they had a good reputation. Consequently there was a lot of chat about them and I read somewhere that they'd become unavailable. I've not heard that they've ever become available again, don't know why. @Luxuracer might know more as he bought one and knows all this sort of random shit. And if he doesn't, he'll make up something that will sound convincing and probably placate you.

reasonoverpassion
31 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

I was never interested in buying one so didn't really  pay that much attention to them - I just became aware that they had a good reputation. Consequently there was a lot of chat about them and I read somewhere that they'd become unavailable. I've not heard that they've ever become available again, don't know why. @Luxuracer might know more as he bought one and knows all this sort of random shit. And if he doesn't, he'll make up something that will sound convincing and probably placate you.

Sometimes a placation vacation is all one needs to move forward.

Glaude
1 hour ago, reasonoverpassion said:

Big fella, is he? Kidding aside, I'm just not sure if I want to take the risk. 

Big dealer indeed, he surprised me more than once being able to source rep supposedly out of the market, so my only guess is he keep some stock. what and how many of them, I couldn't tell, but it's always a risk going for watches that every other TD told you they couldn't get.

Plus the ginger-not-ginger is right, this was a very low production rep and for not very long as far as I remember !