reasonoverpassion

Hey everyone, here's some information about myself I've assembled for your potential evaluation and engagement

reasonoverpassion
31 minutes ago, Glaude said:

:lmao: 

@reasonoverpassion here's why : 

Reupload the pic @TomatoheadFred

LOL Good Lord, what uncivil strife have I wandered into here? I love it!

@TomatoheadFred Do re-upload the pic, be a sport! Don't leave me in suspense!

Junior88
5 minutes ago, reasonoverpassion said:

LOL Good Lord, what uncivil strife have I wandered into here? I love it!

@TomatoheadFred Do re-upload the pic, be a sport! Don't leave me in suspense!

Consider yourself warmly welcomed. 

Don't disappoint us now! You have a Canadian persona to uphold here.  

BTW, andyboy send him a condom. Utter hilarity.

GingerApple

If I had the pic, I'd upload it, but it's lost to the ether forever unfortunately. It was just a finger cot - a mini finger condoms thing, for watch repair. They I had to pay £1.50 for. Wanker.

Getting back to watches for a sec OP, what sort of stuff are your after/in to?

Junior88
1 minute ago, TomatoheadFred said:

If I had the pic, I'd upload it, but it's lost to the ether forever unfortunately. It was just a finger cot - a mini finger condoms thing, for watch repair. They I had to pay £1.50 for. Wanker.

Come on. It was classic. He got you good.  You KNOW he got you good, or you wouldn't have posted it. 

That you had the good sportsmanship to post it was just as good too. 

GingerApple
1 minute ago, Junior88 said:

Come on. It was classic. He got you good.  You KNOW he got you good, or you wouldn't have posted it. 

That you had the good sportsmanship to post it was just as good too. 

Oh he did, he did. I was properly owned.

Junior88
Just now, TomatoheadFred said:

Oh he did, he did. I was properly owned.

Like I said, props to you for posting it.  That one should be in the Gold section. 

reasonoverpassion

Clearly a solid crew of regulars on here, good sports all around. Love it. Don't worry about my Canadianness ever being tarnished, I'm considered too nice by OTHER CANADIANS. They apologize for saying so, but I know they mean it, eh? 

I'm not kidding. 

Junior88
10 minutes ago, reasonoverpassion said:

Clearly a solid crew of regulars on here, good sports all around. Love it. Don't worry about my Canadianness ever being tarnished, I'm considered too nice by OTHER CANADIANS. They apologize for saying so, but I know they mean it, eh? 

I'm not kidding. 

You and I are gonna have to have a Timmies one day, I think. 

reasonoverpassion

Sounds like a plan so long as the quality doesn't continue to slide ;-)  

Still, anywhere but a Coffee Time, lol!  One prefers avoiding places where acquiring bedbugs while being mugged by drug enthusiasts is as likely as receiving your order incorrectly.

reasonoverpassion

Oh, just in case anyone swings by again: when I specified I preferred to buy from another Canadian, it was because I figured it unlikely a US seller shipping across the border would be willing (quite reasonably) to provide a customs guarantee. Is that maybe less of an issue than I'm imagining?

Junior88

Sadly, you wont find a shipping guarantee from anyone, TD or M2M. Customs risk is just that : risk. 

These ARE counterfeit watches after all, and while it's not a high risk having one seized is a real possibility. 

To put it in perspective, I've purchased roughly 50 watches over the past year from all over the world. None have been seized. 

GingerApple
8 hours ago, Junior88 said:

Sadly, you wont find a shipping guarantee from anyone, TD or M2M. Customs risk is just that : risk. 

Some TDs offer a guarantee! If it's seized, they'll send it again for free. At least some of them used to....

paccbet
9 hours ago, reasonoverpassion said:

Sounds like a plan so long as the quality doesn't continue to slide ;-)  

Still, anywhere but a Coffee Time, lol!  One prefers avoiding places where acquiring bedbugs while being mugged by drug enthusiasts is as likely as receiving your order incorrectly.

Fuck. Coffee Time is the WORST. Crackhead central. Coffee is worse than gas station coffee!

Piloten
On 26/03/2019 at 04:26, TomatoheadFred said:

It could easily be made to look like an accident too, he's always stood on busy roads, changing tyres, hooking up broken down vehicles, etc. , ;)

@Junior88    I think that's the sound of bitter jealousy from someone who manages to put the petrol in the correct place seven times out of ten.

Piloten
9 hours ago, Junior88 said:

To put it in perspective, I've purchased roughly 50E5 watches over the past year from all over the world. None have been seized. 

Fixed that for you

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Piloten said:

@Junior88    I think that's the sound of bitter jealousy from someone who manages to put the petrol in the correct place seven times out of ten.

Wrong! I've been practising - my latest stats are up to eight out of ten. The bigger issue is that I keep putting petrol in when I've got a diesel.....

reasonoverpassion
16 hours ago, Junior88 said:

You and I are gonna have to have a Timmies one day, I think. 

14 hours ago, Junior88 said:

These ARE counterfeit watches after all, and while it's not a high risk having one seized is a real possibility. 

To put it in perspective, I've purchased roughly 50 watches over the past year from all over the world. None have been seized. 

Fair enough, that was pretty much what I expected. Your experiences do inspire confidence, though!

5 hours ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Some TDs offer a guarantee! If it's seized, they'll send it again for free. At least some of them used to....

Definitely will try and select such a dealer! 

5 hours ago, paccbet said:

Fuck. Coffee Time is the WORST. Crackhead central. Coffee is worse than gas station coffee!

YES. Coffee Time is less of a franchise chain than it is an unapprehended epidemic/public health crisis.

Would the consensus be that I'm approaching this the right way for a beginner then, that I'm following the advice in the new user threads?
 - First purchase only planning to spend about $400-$500CAD max, just want to get a solid intro piece that will help me get myself situated. Having only had the really crappy imitations before (ie DHgate,) and having some friends and family with gens (who also love reps and kind of turned me on to them), I'm thinking I shouldn't spend more than that at first 
 - Try and find a well-reviewed model, something without too many bells and whistles, wear it for awhile and figure out what I like and dislike before looking at spending anything more. 

Have to say again what a solid crew you are, cannot thank you enough for this helpful and warm reception.

GingerApple

I'd say work out what watch your want first. Have a list of your favourite few perhaps. Then see what's available from your favourites list in a half decent/recent version. As for your price, it shouldn't be more than that price anyway, not for a stock rep. Only the Noob clone Daytona's or any tourbillion movements cost more anyway.

What sort of watches do you like?

elp

Spot on @reasonoverpassion , when you start this hobby you'll learn how anal you are - some are fairly relaxed, others take a macro picture and measure the angles of the markers .... to each their own. Welcome to the club.

Junior88

Sort of.   $500 CAD equates roughly to $370 USD. You'll find the prices from most TD's will be in USD.  Depending on how you pay, there will be fees, and also shipping isn't cheap. 

My suggestion would be to look in the $200-$300 US range to start with.  You'll need the rest for fees and shipping, pretty much. At least I have. 

The Ginger one is right, the latest Noobs and the 4130 clone Daytona prices are up there. Don't even get us started on Franken builds. 

hasel5

Stop the ginger bashing he might actually be a nice guy 

Junior88
9 minutes ago, hasel5 said:

Stop the ginger bashing he might actually be a nice guy 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

hasel5

The afflicted should be treated with respect
Even if ginger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior88
6 minutes ago, hasel5 said:

The afflicted should be treated with respect
Even if ginger

:lmao:

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

hasel5

I employ a ginger out feeling sorry for him and my partners dad is one.