watch.aholic

Which Gens are you eyeing at the moment?

watch.aholic

I've suddenly had this urge to go get a gen or two & these two have really caught my attention.

I've always wanted a Panda in my collection. Even bought a 6263 but it's too small and doesn't cut it. Saw this and fell in love. Beautiful re release of the vintage Autavia. It looks lovely both on the beads bracelet & that tan vintage leather strap

Vvv2Xp.jpg

The 2nd is the Longines BigEye Avigation  Chrono. I usually don't like busy dials but this one still sailed right through. Ofcourse this is cheaper around the $2.1k USD and will probably be the first in line.

VvvsIX.jpg

So let's hear from you guys, what is is that you are looking to buy - Only Gens please.

Del

Both very nice watches but I think I'd be tempted by the Tag Heuer - it's a great symmetrical panda dial. :thumbsup2:

As for me, I'm giving this some serious consideration for a summer purchase...

omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axia

I've always liked the Seamaster Diver 300M and although I recently picked up a used black "Bond" Quartz version I think this new version with the wavy ceramic dial and incredible co-axial master chronometer movement is just fantastic. And I want a blue one as I think that is the traditional Seamaster Diver colour (plus I like blue watches!).

Chiquita Fanjita

Really fancy the new Cartier Santos Dumont, albeit it's a quartz.

Santos-Dumont-Quartz.jpg

watch.aholic
1 hour ago, Del said:

Both very nice watches but I think I'd be tempted by the Tag Heuer - it's a great symmetrical panda dial. :thumbsup2:

I've always liked the Seamaster Diver 300M and although I recently picked up a used black "Bond" Quartz version I think this new version with the wavy ceramic dial and incredible co-axial master chronometer movement is just fantastic. And I want a blue one as I think that is the traditional Seamaster Diver colour (plus I like blue watches!).

I had that too on my radar but when I saw pics of the rep that came out I thought maybe this itch could be scratched by that instead. The rep looks quite promising actually, atleast in the pics. When I was considering the gen I had quite a tussle on which color to choose as I have always loved the seamaster blue more than the black. However in this latest release the blue is different from the former seamaster's blue & just didn't appear to be as versatile as the black. So I decided whenever I go ahead and get it, it'd be the black. This latest edition I think catapults the Seamaster into another level. I personally find it so much more appealing than the Rolex Submariner & at 1/3rd the price.

The Seamaster has been on my wishlist since long actually. My favorite was the electric blue version. Unfortunately it was discontinued before I could lay my hands on it.

Vv1KU2.jpg

elp

Prospex Samurai Grey Dawn

43536327_1933510816949909_12240509817363

On an MN strap

43779515_298588490867936_297033644046220

deju

I’m currently lacking inspiration with watches in terms of a must have watch. 

One that really caught my eye after someone I follow posted it on Instagram was the Zodiac Grand rally. 

ZO9600_main.jpg?v=1541100490

It has design cues from both speedmaster and Tudor Monte Carlo. 

https://www.zodiacwatches.com/products/zodiac-grandrally-stainless-steel-watch

pretty much rep money too. 

mr.tourette
10 minutes ago, deju said:

I’m currently lacking inspiration with watches in terms of a must have watch. 

One that really caught my eye after someone I follow posted it on Instagram was the Zodiac Grand rally. 

ZO9600_main.jpg?v=1541100490

It has design cues from both speedmaster and Tudor Monte Carlo. 

https://www.zodiacwatches.com/products/zodiac-grandrally-stainless-steel-watch

pretty much rep money too. 

Interesting looking piece.. I like it:thumbsup2:

Currently have my finger hovering over the trigger for another Zelos.. bronzo with a meteorite dial

Blue-Meteorite-800x.jpg

Piccolo

OP - I think @the_frenchman had one of the autavias, he might be able to give you some thoughts...

I’m on a long list for something that may or may not land this year (#notapepsi) 

Tempted by a Nomos and a Journe in the meantime. 

deju
3 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

OP - I think @the_frenchman had one of the autavias, he might be able to give you some thoughts...

I’m on a long list for something that may or may not land this year (#notapepsi) 

Tempted by a Nomos and a Journe in the meantime. 

I believe the Martians are scheduled to land first mate :rofl:

Piccolo
Just now, deju said:

I believe the Martians are scheduled to land first mate :rofl:

I keep dropping in with presents for the AD :D Think it might be working..! 

the_frenchman

AUTAVIA all the way , best gen i had in my wrist for sure. Had to sell it to get some quick cash , will buy it again in the next months.  Domed crystal , lovely in-house movement with display case back and my advice is to buy it on the rice grain bracelet.  You can make a spare handmade leather strap with any watch strap supliers.

Genius
3 hours ago, Del said:

I'm similarly eyeing the blue seamasters but the previous generation for me I can't quite afford a new model so ceramic bezel still but not the ceramic wave dial

DSC08027.jpg

RussP
3 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Really fancy the new Cartier Santos Dumont, albeit it's a quartz.

Santos-Dumont-Quartz.jpg

Stunning.

I love it too.

RussP

As for me...........well, I've long lusted after a vintage Seiko dancing-hands watch in decent condition.

There are plenty of examples to be had online, but I was after something uncommon.

Last week I was fortunate enough to stumble across it whilst trawling EBay in the US and secured a rare variant,  the 8M25-6179 with a coin-edge bezel and black dial.

It is winging its way across the seas as I type this.

Wristie to follow upon arrival.

Del
40 minutes ago, Genius said:

I'm similarly eyeing the blue seamasters but the previous generation for me I can't quite afford a new model so ceramic bezel still but not the ceramic wave dial

DSC08027.jpg

This model is on sale now I’m sure...

Thommo82

Really liking this Dreyfuss 1924 Hand wind. Black ceramic dial. Comes in blue too.

Bit of a Zenith homage I guess, but still lovely in its own right, all hand made and quite affordable. 

Have seen them as cheap as $600 AUD. 

Comes in Automatic too but the hand wind model has such a pretty rear end.

93-EEFDF5-3-DEF-447-C-9162-315-D9-BC72-C

80-ED82-F3-05-F6-4-BDC-9-A90-1-A880-D761

Genius
33 minutes ago, Del said:

This model is on sale now I’m sure...

Yeah definitely some good deals to be had on the older models now they updated the range.  Been offered a good price on a pre owned, but wanting a better price ;)

Bertus15

Nomos Neamatik 340

VvU5y2.jpg

Junghans Max Bill . Already had it on my wrist and was about to take this baby home when I noticed the scratch on the  glas. Turns out it still has an acrylic dome.  Who does that in this day and age?  "Zis more auzenzic" the  German salesperson said. "More authentic? more authentic? That's like saying a car is more authentic when you take the engine out and put a horse in front of it" . I left the store so I wouldn't be tempted to strangle the German sales idiot. 

It was such a let down . Yearning is still there though.......

VvUaNb.jpg

FoxWilde
5 hours ago, watch.aholic said:

I've suddenly had this urge to go get a gen or two & these two have really caught my attention.

I've always wanted a Panda in my collection. Even bought a 6263 but it's too small and doesn't cut it. Saw this and fell in love. Beautiful re release of the vintage Autavia. It looks lovely both on the beads bracelet & that tan vintage leather strap

Vvv2Xp.jpg

The 2nd is the Longines BigEye Avigation  Chrono. I usually don't like busy dials but this one still sailed right through. Ofcourse this is cheaper around the $2.1k USD and will probably be the first in line.

VvvsIX.jpg

So let's hear from you guys, what is is that you are looking to buy - Only Gens please.

LOL I have a gen Autavia. New and everything! I think I’m after everything. But I’ll start with the gorgeous vintage Speedmaster. 

image.jpg

GenTLe

If it wasn't so costly, probably this one:

Risultati immagini per SLA019

But more probably this one:

Risultati immagini per SRPC33K1

Glaude
1 hour ago, Thommo82 said:

Really liking this Dreyfuss 1924 Hand wind. Black ceramic dial. Comes in blue too.

Bit of a Zenith homage I guess, but still lovely in its own right, all hand made and quite affordable. 

Have seen them as cheap as $600 AUD. 

Comes in Automatic too but the hand wind model has such a pretty rear end.

Very nice, indeed complete homage of Zenith but done in a very good way, that back is lovely ! 

JeagerX

My Tudor Snowflake :-) 

VvRq08.md.jpg

Thommo82
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Very nice, indeed complete homage of Zenith but done in a very good way, that back is lovely ! 

Tried it on at a local watch shop, fell in love. They wanted $1000, but we all know the tricks of where to find things cheaper 

Glaude
1 minute ago, Thommo82 said:

Tried it on at a local watch shop, fell in love. They wanted $1000, but we all know the tricks of where to find things cheaper 

Stealing right ? That's what you are talking about ? 

Thommo82
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Stealing right ? That's what you are talking about ? 

If you are not resorting to crime you are doing it wrong