UKguy

Planet ocean strap/links

UKguy

I would like to buy replica stainless steel strap ,or perhaps links , for my VSF factory P.O. 45.5mm, I beleive its a 22mm  stainless steel strap and its the end links im after for purposes of extending bracelet. 

I have bought a replacement strap as advertised on ebay and it looked the same, Even when it arrived and i stripped it down to replace links it looked the same but when I offered it up to my VSF factory strap the pin holding the links was different and also the tiny screws on the end links covering the pins, on the strap  were missing  on the strap I bought from ebay .

So the strap or links im after should have these tiny screws on the end links

Thanks

David

Glaude

Are you asking for someone here to sell that to you or are you asking where you can buy one ?

Genius
8 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Are you asking for someone here to sell that to you or are you asking where you can buy one ?

He's asking for either or

JSJ

Ask Toro

portiere

The new guy needs some help?

Anyhoo..where's the toilets?

portiere
3 hours ago, UKguy said:

I would like to buy replica stainless steel strap ,or perhaps links , for my VSF factory P.O. 45.5mm, I beleive its a 22mm  stainless steel strap and its the end links im after for purposes of extending bracelet. 

I have bought a replacement strap as advertised on ebay and it looked the same, Even when it arrived and i stripped it down to replace links it looked the same but when I offered it up to my VSF factory strap the pin holding the links was different and also the tiny screws on the end links covering the pins, on the strap  were missing  on the strap I bought from ebay .

So the strap or links im after should have these tiny screws on the end links

Thanks

David

Apart from the above less than helpful...

I may...may be able to help you mate.

UKguy

Thanks for replys , yes I was asking for both- to buy from someone here and also if anybody knows where i might buy if nobody has any to sell. 

Having paid $360 dollars for watch I was told rep dealers only sell full straps and ive seen prices in the region of $150 dollars for strap so its kinda not economical so thats why i went for strap of of ebay but it didn't fit. So i was looking at members sales and see that sometimes links and straps come up for sale.

JSJ

So the learning point here is to check the length of the strap before you buy. Some dealers will sell extra links at the same time you buy a watch from them.

You may have to bite the bullet and buy a whole bracelet but make sure it will fit the watch. They are definitely not always interchangeable between makes and sometimes not between batches of the same maker.

Glaude
5 hours ago, UKguy said:

Thanks for replys , yes I was asking for both- to buy from someone here and also if anybody knows where i might buy if nobody has any to sell. 

You are not allowed to do the first part yet, you need to be allowed in Member to Member sale area and that require more posts than you have right now ;) 

UKguy

Ok Glaude , then I suppose ill have to keep looking by searching the internet and on trusted dealers sites. So far that has proved fruitless but the best was a site called etsy that showed up quite a few on the one site but none had the tiny screws on the links so as ive already made that mistake of buying one of these replacement bracelets and as jsj said thats part of the learning curve.

SteveA

If I have some links it will be okay to send as long as I give you them,so I will look in my box of spares and if I have you can have them.

UKguy

Thank you Steve.