Furryhobnob

Another new member from the UK

Furryhobnob
If a Miyota 8215 came out, then pretty much a Miyota 8215 has to go back in.
They are like 25 quid on eBay.
As for payment methods, Bitcoin is my method of choice. Not hard to learn, a forum member showed me how.
Not adverse to using bitcoin, just wary as I've never done it before, and it's not just a simple case of swapping the movements over though is it, I'll need to dismantle the new 8215 to put the date wheel and face from this one onto the new one etc, god knows how much butchering is needed, also interested to know if there's any other movements that are compatible to fit

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Waspy

Dude, just send it to Rolie.

Also, movements are mostly not interchangeable. 

Furryhobnob

I'll see if I can find rolie to drop him a message

black263

Furryhobnob.  I give you a gift.  .......................................... .............................................

Please feel free to use them to replace most of the commas in your posts.   As a clue, and without going into grammar, try reading your posts out loud.  When you find yourself pausing, stick a full stop in.  It probably wont be perfect, but will still be a lot easier to read.

Furryhobnob
Furryhobnob.  I give you a gift.  .......................................... .............................................
Please feel free to use them to replace most of the commas in your posts.   As a clue, and without going into grammar, try reading your posts out loud.  When you find yourself pausing, stick a full stop in.  It probably wont be perfect, but will still be a lot easier to read.
Sorry. I probably type as I actually say it.
I don't stop for breath half the time.
Hopefully that will appease the grammar police. ;-)

GingerApple
11 minutes ago, Furryhobnob said:

Sorry. I probably type as I actually say it.
I don't stop for breath half the time.
Hopefully that will appease the grammar police. ;-)

Just be grateful he gave you a load of commas. It could have been lot worse. Look what he gave me!

VQApEL.jpg

Furryhobnob
Just be grateful he gave you a load of commas. It could have been lot worse. Look what he gave me!
VQApEL.jpg

Haha we really do need a like button on this forum.

GingerApple
53 minutes ago, Furryhobnob said:

Haha we really do need a like button on this forum.

Very true, but admin/tech support on here is shite. And garlicky.

Furryhobnob
Just mention there's one on RWI. Surely they would want the same on here to keep up with the Jones so to speak.
Nothing wrong with a little bit of garlic haha.

Glaude
2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "true story gif"

(I could easily add a like button here... even a dislike one ... go on spread the hashtag #wewantalikebuttononRWG )

2 hours ago, Furryhobnob said:

Just mention there's one on RWI. Surely they would want the same on here to keep up with the Jones so to speak.
Nothing wrong with a little bit of garlic haha.

Yeah this tech admin Glaude on RWI has the same garlic smell... :lol: 

Furryhobnob

Well sent my watch to rolie on here as recommended, he received the watch on Monday, and I received it back today after having a new hairspring and a service to get it working.
Would highly recommend him, well happy. 6183b2a7c10ec6d3668797a84b867c0e.jpg35168403e5cc361a1218fdad40e09e49.jpg

CollieWobbles

That's great, Rollie is a legend enjoy :thumbsup:

GingerApple

He is a true forum leg end. What would we do without him. Watch looks great :thumbsup2:

Furryhobnob

Yeah he certainly is, kept me upto date on what was what and his pricing is also very good I thought.

GingerApple
7 minutes ago, Furryhobnob said:

Yeah he certainly is, kept me upto date on what was what and his pricing is also very good I thought.

Very fair pricing. And you feel the difference in the watch, just with a simple oiling etc. I just wished I lived closer to him so I could try and get him to teach me some stuff too!!!

Furryhobnob
Very fair pricing. And you feel the difference in the watch, just with a simple oiling etc. I just wished I lived closer to him so I could try and get him to teach me some stuff too!!!
It's all a learning curve isn't it, I'm far more knowledgeable on watches than I was a couple of weeks ago, just from reading on here.
I was happy to take the case back off and see why the rotor was sticking, anything more than that then I will probably do more harm than good.
If this miyota 8215 stops working though I'll probably take it apart just to see how it works, getting it back together is another skill altogether!

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, Furryhobnob said:

It's all a learning curve isn't it, I'm far more knowledgeable on watches than I was a couple of weeks ago, just from reading on here.
I was happy to take the case back off and see why the rotor was sticking, anything more than that then I will probably do more harm than good.
If this miyota 8215 stops working though I'll probably take it apart just to see how it works, getting it back together is another skill altogether!

You might be surprised; I'm shit at all things manual - DIY, car maintainance etc - but just from reading stuff here and looking at You Tube videos (especially the Watch Repair Channel), I've stripped down an old, but working movement (which was a cheapie bought for that purpose)  and put it back together again in working order. And then repeated the very with a couple of other watches. The hard bit is knowing what's wrong. Like if I have a movement with an issue, I wouldn't know where to start looking for problems. 

Furryhobnob

There's hope for me yet then haha, I'd love to be able to strip a movement down and then put it back together again............. And it was still working.
I'm now on the hunt for another omega.
Going to be an expensive habit this I feel!

black263
On 18/04/2019 at 18:09, Furryhobnob said:

There's hope for me yet then haha, I'd love to be able to strip a movement down and then put it back together again............. And it was still working.
I'm now on the hunt for another omega.
Going to be an expensive habit this I feel!

I've been halfway along that path for many years.  I can take a watch to bits quite effectively.

Furryhobnob
I've been halfway along that path for many years.  I can take a watch to bits quite effectively.
Haha I'm sure i can do that part already, probably not that efficiently though