Pseudorep

Removing the phantom date set from an A2824/2836

Pseudorep

I will preface this with I haven't yet tried it so I don't know if it's 100% reliable but found this from reading around various sources but hopefully it's useful to someone who had the same question.

I've been looking to get rid of the phantom date position on my no date watches and it appears the solution is changing one $8 part. Unfortunately it's one of the last parts to come out so I'll wait until I need to service before making the mod. 

The setting level jumper on the 2824/2826 has three notches and is eta part number 445/1328.

VI2ECK.jpg

By substituting this for the 445/1327 from an ETA 2801 which has two notches you remove the phantom date position.

VI2ZSL.jpg

• Like 2

CollieWobbles

Cool I'm sure someone will find this useful:thumbsup:

Nikosaldente

You're right and thanks for sharing!

I've done it when I built my Sub No Date 114060 and now the Crown has 2 setting positions as the Gen:D

Unfortunately you have to remove the Hands and Dial to access it as it's part of the keyless works :sad:

GenTLe

I did it a couple of times. Yes, if you swap those parts into any 2836/2824 you'll move directly from charge to time set. They are perfectly exchangeable.

I'm not sure those bits are easy to find, but in any case you can get a cheap old swatch automatic (without day/date) on the bay and take the part from it

Robse1

Has someome an idea where to get the 445/1327 lever? i found nothing for it...and if its sold out.

GenTLe
8 hours ago, Robse1 said:

Has someome an idea where to get the 445/1327 lever? i found nothing for it...and if its sold out.

Try here: https://www.ebay.it/str/speedtimerkollektion/ETA/_i.html?store_cat=4168012011 I've got quite few bits and parts from them. They are used but on things like that lever that's not an issue.

GenTLe
8 hours ago, Robse1 said:

He has none sadly.But I found a complete watch with 2801-2 Movement for about 35EUR. is it worth it to do the Mod? 

Better to search for an old, maybe broken (which normally just means "in needs of a service"), automatic swatch (those with no date and no day), they have the low beat 2824 inside with that lever :)

APjumbo

Just found this. Very helpful for my explorer I want to mod. Hopefully nobody minds me bumping this up for others to find easier. I will update if I find a seller with the proper part.

• Like 1

HorFan
Just found this. Very helpful for my explorer I want to mod. Hopefully nobody minds me bumping this up for others to find easier. I will update if I find a seller with the proper part.

Ofrei has them, but shipping costs are prohibitive outside of conus.

http://www.tztoolshop.com/page30.html
  • Like 1

APjumbo

Thanks @HorFan

I found two on eBay but they were cheaper at ofrie so had a few shipped to a US address. Should have ordered more in hindsight.

Right now I am also trying to figure out if the new sub no date 114060 with a3130 has a ghost position. People say it has no phantom position but I haven’t found a definitive answer.

• Like 1