Del

New addition: Rolex Datejust 41

MAJ75

That's a proper way to mark a miletsone.

Congratulations @Del hope it provides many years of pleasure.

brang1

Stunning watch , and a great achievement ! 28 years when some people now days struggle to last 28 days in a job. Well done mate 

splke

@del you on the dole now then ?

Looking forward to the Gen fire sale :lol:

Rokerite
10 minutes ago, splke said:

If he is I would love to see the look on the Jobcentre drone's face as he signs on wearing a brand new genuine Rolex watch, priceless :rofl:

SteveA

Beautiful watch,very classy and versatile,wear it well.Cingratulations onbinning the old job,does this mean retirement,I would recommend it as I retired 18months ago after a working life of nearly 40 years,31 in the same job !

Adit

Beautiful watch.  I hope it wasn't  bought from one of those official ADs in Thailand though, because you can get some very good replicas masquerading as the real thing, apparently, well, so Bob down the pub told me,  anyway :lol:

Genius
37 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

If he is I would love to see the look on the Jobcentre drone's face as he signs on wearing a brand new genuine Rolex watch, priceless :rofl:

They'll think its a rep

CollieWobbles

Beautiful Del enjoy :thumbsup:

Thommo82

That’s really nice mate, and as others have said, you can wear it in just about any situation.

I tried on an Airking at my local AD, the look on my Missus face told me I probably shouldn’t buy it.....

Congratulations on a great purchase!

Del

Thanks again everyone for your comments. :thumbsup2: 

1 hour ago, splke said:

:lol:  Pretty much!

Might sell one or two, mainly just because I'm not wearing them though.... ;) 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Beautiful watch,very classy and versatile,wear it well.Cingratulations onbinning the old job,does this mean retirement,I would recommend it as I retired 18months ago after a working life of nearly 40 years,31 in the same job !

Congratulations to you too!  31 years in the one company is very good going - they don't make them like us any more! :lol:  I'm sort of early retired now but whether that is permanent or not remains to be seen - I'm in no hurry at the moment though. ;) 

solkryssare

Congratulations! 

GingerApple

Oh my god, I'm such a dick. I saw this in the Daily Wristie thread the other day and thought it looked totally amazing so I spent an hour or so researching all the different versions, ARF etc, hoping to pick one up. :facepalm: I should have known it was Gen, it's flawless. Stunning!

Lovely pick up and enjoy the semi retirement. 

Del
12 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

Oh my god, I'm such a dick. I saw this in the Daily Wristie thread the other day and thought it looked totally amazing so I spent an hour or so researching all the different versions, ARF etc, hoping to pick one up. :facepalm: I should have known it was Gen, it's flawless. Stunning!

Lovely pick up and enjoy the semi retirement. 

:rofl: 

Thanks!

NFleischer
10 hours ago, Del said:

The AD sells at list price. No discounts. Even looking on the web at brand new, unworn models it’s difficult to find one at list price - crazy!

Absolutely! If I’d bought the fluted bezel version then I would’ve also chosen the Jubilee but, as you say, I think the Oyster makes it more flexible as well as contemporary. 

Thanks again everyone! :thumbsup2:

Why in the world would anybody by a Rolex at Jomashop, Authentic Watches, etc? Pay a lot more than list price and have no manufacturers warranty?!

For an Edox or Seiko, it makes sense.

hasel5

Very nice@del can’t wait for the clear out

Well done fir 28 years

I have done 42 as a sparky and can’t wait to hang up my cutters and screwdrivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, hasel5 said:

Well done fir 28 years

I have done 42 as a sparky and can’t wait to hang up my cutters and screwdrivers

Didn't realise you were such an old bugger!!! You're looking alright considering you're ancient. You should totally bequeath me some of those three hundred watches though, especially the TCs.

hasel5

58 next month mate so had enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Del
2 hours ago, hasel5 said:

Very nice@del can’t wait for the clear out

Well done fir 28 years

Thanks mate. And wow, 42 years is amazing!

Rokerite

You have exquisite taste, drooled over your Tudor black bay at gathering in Yorkshire  but this is even better. Enjoy:thumbsup2:

Del
4 hours ago, Rokerite said:

You have exquisite taste, drooled over your Tudor black bay at gathering in Yorkshire  but this is even better. Enjoy:thumbsup2:

Cheers! :thumbsup2:

FernTheBush

Beautiful pic up Del. Wear it in good health and congrats on moving on from your old employer!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yukkiiloll

Absolutely beautiful, congrats :)

Jhamsburg

Congratulations on the milestone purchase!

Just a question:

Were you able to negotiate a discount with the AD? Usually they are very strict towards SS sports models due to demand and waitlists, but how flexible are they on the new Datejusts?

ChromosomeYX

@Del Your username reminded me of that character from the Ozark. Esai is a great actor! But great looking DJ and wristshots! Did the AD give you any promo materials e.g. passport covers or watch cases?

PS: Wear it in great health!

Edited by ChromosomeYX

Vervdc
On 28/05/2019 at 18:33, Jhamsburg said:

Congratulations on the milestone purchase!

Just a question:

Were you able to negotiate a discount with the AD? Usually they are very strict towards SS sports models due to demand and waitlists, but how flexible are they on the new Datejusts?

From my experience having tried (UK) recently, no flexibility whatsoever! Same as Porsche, I guess it’s one of the reasons why these brands maintain their demand and equity while others don’t.