Mendes458

Steel Bracelet for a VC Overseas

Mendes458

Does anyone know any TD's that would be able to source a steel bracelet for this watch? It's a TWA Factory Top Edition VC Overseas Dual Time Power Reserve from Andrew at Trusty Time

VCR3Eb.png

I have asked Andrew, and he has said that It would be hard to get one that fits. From what I have seen from the pics I think that it is possible.

The watch comes on a rubber strap but there is a similar VC overseas which has a steel strap, and from what I see I don't know why it wouldn't fit. 

VCRaT2.pngVCRjlr.pngVCR5Cd.pngVCRB4Z.png

VCnWTa.png

I don't think any of the strap TD's will be able to get one so I am wondering if there are any watch TD's that are good at this sort of thing.

Furthermore, do some of the more experienced know if it's even a good idea to try and put another bracelet from probable another factory.

Does anyone have either of these watches or even a rep VC overseas with a bracelet because I know that they don't attach the same way as most watches with a spring bar?

Any info on any of the watches is greatly appreciated 

Mendes458

Edited by Mendes458

GenTLe

The case looks the same (with an hole added for the second crown) and also the internal construction (I've the one with the bracelet in a different version). 

But yes, it's not neither on Ali nor on DHGate so the only possibility is that the rep factory that produces the model with the bracelet is willing to sell one... And beware it will cost not less than 80$...

Mendes458

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Do you have any ideas on which TD is most likely to be able to source one? And I was fully prepared to pay more than $80 if alligator straps for over a hundred then I think it will be a bargain if it is.

41 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

(I've the one with the bracelet in a different version)

May I know how the strap attaches because of I'm not sure how the reps strap fits. Is it one long screw. Because both ends have flat head screws which confused me. 

GenTLe
21 minutes ago, Mendes458 said:

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Do you have any ideas on which TD is most likely to be able to source one? And I was fully prepared to pay more than $80 if alligator straps for over a hundred then I think it will be a bargain if it is.

May I know how the strap attaches because of I'm not sure how the reps strap fits. Is it one long screw. Because both ends have flat head screws which confused me. 

Well, if you're going to buy from Trusty, I doubt any other TD will get the hassle to get you a bracelet. You may ask Mary (for both the watch and the bracelet), she is also able to check they will fit together.

I don't remember how it's connected but those cases made in that way have basically only 2 versions: 2 screws (with a long part without thread) that screw one each side of the case and are long enough to end near the center between the lugs but without touching themselves: this is the way some of the AP bracelets are done for instance:

2-pi-ces-ensemble-court-montre-Vis-tube-

Then there are those made with a passing through screw and have a cylindrical nut at the other side, again some of the APs use that way:

26-8mm-watch-Screw-tube-Conversion-link-