Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

DAILY RELUME JOBS ! [DAILY UPDATE] FOR ALL !

KeNnY

thanks buddy :) happy you like it

vexorg

a couple of questions for you. What do you use to remove the old lume? once you remove the old lume do you clean the parts to remove any residue thats left on? also what do you use to glue the parts back on the dial?

KeNnY

a couple of questions for you. What do you use to remove the old lume? once you remove the old lume do you clean the parts to remove any residue thats left on? also what do you use to glue the parts back on the dial?

No problem mate :)

To remove the old lume I first remove the indexes from dial.

To remove the indexes from the dial you need to get off the old glue holding them and then with needle push the pin of index out of the dial.

Then soak the indexes with Lume into acetone and I use Ultrasonic cleaner to get all small bits from the marker, and also much much fasten the job and better cleaning results, so I don't even need to scrap off the old lume ! What is great ! :)

Then soak the indexes to benzine to clean them from all the moisture and grease and again put them to ultrasonic cleaning.

Then clean all indexes with slightly wet cloth / alcohol soaked tissues to polish borders.

Then I put them on rodico (I always wear gloves so no fingerprints) and relume them.

After drying when it is safe to manipulate with the indexes I carefully put the indexes with plastic tweezers to the dial, giving really small drop of GS hypo under the index where the pin meets the dial hole so it will not get off the dial when shipped back to owner.

The drop must be really small because when you put pressure to the index to fit nicely the glue can get around the index ! so watch out !

But still if this happen, you can get the glue with your toothpick carefully out, but again watch out not to scratch the dial !

I use bamboo toothpicks and tweezers as well :) after every index is put to the dial I once again glue the back side holes with filled pins with again GS hypo cement, to ensure that they will hold.

After these steps I never had any complain that the index has fallen from dial even after high impacts :) Hope this helps

vexorg

WOW! thanks for all the awesome tips. I figure since i have about 50 reps and i'm pretty handy with this stuff i'd give it a try. Now i just need to buy a few more supplies and try it.

PS. i might be asking more questions once i try this. :beer2:

KeNnY

WOW! thanks for all the awesome tips. I figure since i have about 50 reps and i'm pretty handy with this stuff i'd give it a try. Now i just need to buy a few more supplies and try it.

PS. i might be asking more questions once i try this. :beer2:

you are welcome mate ! :) and GOOD LUCK ! THe first watch should be the one you hate most, because if you will damage it, you can say, well I didn't like it anyway :D but after first watch you will gain A LOT OF experience ! You will see ! :)

nunu78

Kenny is the BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

dator

Great tips, thanks for sharing

BVB09

Ohh yeaahh amazing, really respect

gran

luminous thread....lume mania....and great fun to watch this thread

Thanks!!

KeNnY

Thank you Nunu, dator, BVB and gran :) happy you like it :)

KeNnY

SO here is work in progress for trkbrz ploprof. The lume from factory was bleah, ugly , over spills on bezel indexes, and reaaaaally WEAK ! He asked me kindly if I could relume it for him, I was first only for relume of the dial, because removing the bezel insert is pain in the ass, and first and last time I did it I scratched the bezel insert :( and it is really impossible to get replacement from factory. But he wanted it , to try again, and he want to take the risk, so I said ok mate, I will try my best, I personally know now what to do and what not to do so should went better. And it did, you see to remove the bezel insert from Ploprof, you need heat gun and heat it really really hot ! TO remove the stickers glue that holds the bezel insert, then you need to WATCH OUT, so the lume from factory underneath will not scratch the bezel insert !!! THE PAINT IS REALLY FRAGILE ! When you scratch some area outside of the numbers or other "engravings" it is no problem, you can always fix it with black enamel paint, but fixing numbers is really hard, so do your self pleasure and heat it really good until you will see, the glue is stopping working and then make only one twist, and flop, wolalala, it is out :) and watch out THE CASE WILL BE ULTRA HOT ! I also recommend before doing this, remove all plastic rings and orings ! Just to not lower their life when doing this extreme modding, and also REMOVE CRYSTAL. THen just remove the old stock lume with thinner or and it will remove really nicely :) and then give it MEGA relume :) enjoy pics

dsc0827x.jpg

dsc0830n.jpg

dsc0831a.jpg

dsc0835bu.jpg

dsc0836y.jpg

dsc1045w.jpg

dsc1046a.jpg

Basically the watch now needs only to be assembled, the hands are relumed as well with indexes, so when I will assemble, regulate, waterproof, pressure test will give next pictures :)

THe next job, from my friend, I have also in progress is renewing one old watch, replacing battery, crystal, polish case, replace band. waterproof, pressure test :)

dsc0936r.jpg

dsc0937kd.jpg

dsc0938c.jpg

dsc0939st.jpg

dsc0940h.jpg

dsc0941x.jpg

dsc0942o.jpg

dsc0944s.jpg

Basically waiting strap and will put finalized pics :) I will try to polish that scratches side on bezel more, but it is plated stainless steel, so I don't want to go too much deep, not to remove the gold finish on it.. The replaced crystal is no Sapphire lens. Have similar job with Nighthawk, but so far I am impossible to source specified measurements of the sapphire crystal :(

And some finalize update, on this small recent jobs, among many other jobs, is brookies Speedmaster Moonie, that will have facelift of replacing the stock crystal and bezel insert with gen plexi and bezel insert :) will get also relume and regulating. Mate didn't want to freeze the 6 oclock hand. I have found out the cryple for the chrono button was bend and almost broken from factory so I have quickly ordered some in spare, so I will replace this for him.

dsc1035ic.jpg

dsc1036p.jpg

dsc1037fe.jpg

dsc1038n.jpg

dsc1040s.jpg

Watch also pending relume and finish assembly so I will put more pics then :) have tons in my camera, need to filter some up lol.

Thank you for watching, and stay tuned :D

Oh and I forgot that about on Christmas I have lumed my clock as well :D I hated to not see what time it is in the dark :D now I know when is 6 oclock to get up to work :D Used glonation what I have ordered for my mother, so she can paint on walls some pictures that glow in dark. Clock is 35cm in diameter

dsc0350hi.jpg

HWG

wow! awesome indeed. can not wait to see my sub c....

KeNnY

wow! awesome indeed. can not wait to see my sub c....

Thank you buddy

After this weekend you should see some operation pics :D

Crusader

Nice... I always wondered how to relume the bezel on Ploprof, I had no idea how it is assembled.

Looks epic now, great job mate :)

KeNnY

Nice... I always wondered how to relume the bezel on Ploprof, I had no idea how it is assembled.

Looks epic now, great job mate :)

Thanks buddy :) It is really pain in the ass to remove the bezel insert, you need to heat it up like for half and hour, and be really careful not to get burn, or damage something. And this works only on V2 version :) happy you could see first time ever some pics of it getting relumed :D

gran

Still love this thread, very enlightening..... :beer2:

KeNnY

Still love this thread, very enlightening..... :beer2:

Thank you buddy, happy you like it :)

trksh-bzr

oh Kenny you big lovely piece of modding teddy bear :) thanks for the update!

KeNnY

oh Kenny you big lovely piece of modding teddy bear :) thanks for the update!

LOL , you are welcome mate :D thanks buddy, will then post here pictures of the fix for the diver extension as well

KeNnY

SO today I relumed an Speedmaster professional moon watch. I put 2 layers on the dial so now it GLOWs much stronger even more then my Moon watch where I put only 1 layer :) I will surely relume my moon watch again to have 2 layers as well !

dsc1121e.jpg

dsc1119ea.jpg

dsc1120q.jpg

dsc1122f.jpg

dsc1123k.jpg

dsc1124l.jpg

dsc1114h.jpg

And here is assembled ploprof bezel insert and regulated movement, and assembled dial and hands and check the lume :)

dsc1096.jpg

dsc1097k.jpg

dsc1098k.jpg

dsc1099co.jpg

dsc1100n.jpg

dsc1101s.jpg

dsc1102vr.jpg

dsc1103n.jpg

dsc1104j.jpg

dsc1105k.jpg

dsc1106o.jpg

dsc1107w.jpg

nunu78

simply AMAZING

gran
:wub:

Crusader

Nice, it has such nice shade of blue, very pleasing to look at :)

HWG

so happy to see this, it means mine is coming up soon too! the glow is just amazing!!!

KeNnY

simply AMAZING

Thank you my friend :) really happy you like it :)

:wub:

Thank you buddy :D

I must say, that I don't alter the PICS anyway ! NO PHOTOSHOP ! Straight from my phone to the imageshack, as you can see even 6Mpix resolution, and on my phone I can't affect exposure time, and you can check all the data in the pic, what is the exposure time, and rest of the info.