Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

DAILY RELUME JOBS ! [DAILY UPDATE] FOR ALL !

KeNnY

Thank you Kan. I must say, Chopard relume was easier than relume of my Orient bezel ! Hm we will see if I will not give it an second try or maybe just add second layer of lume to it.. I will keep it to dry and we will see later..

nunu78

My DSSD will be out soon, to lightenup my world.Ska n KeNny u guys will be responsible for some radioactivity around the globe :lol:

KeNnY
My DSSD will be out soon, to lightenup my world.Ska n KeNny u guys will be responsible for some radioactivity around the globe :D

Looking forward for the pics ! :D Me and Ska take no responsibility for possible mutations creating supermutants ;)

:lol:

Radiation level 5 !

lol

s6301947.jpg

MikeMcNair

Shit, I should have seen that we all can post in here as I just did a quickie on that super avenger, and I could have posted it here. Maybe I will replay cause I know my thread will die faster than this.

Perhaps change the title to "daily lume work" or something like that?

Just plopping this here so we can have one big lume thread....

Also, The pix make the dots look uneven, but they are proper.

Dots at 3,6,9, and triangle at 12 are larger then the rest, but my iPhone does not show it. And the #4 dot is not fucked up, but looks like it in the pix ;)

i did this this afternoon, dial, hands, pearl. its not an expensive watch, but it certainly looks great.

pix for SevenSevenFifty..........

a2a3cb32.jpg

b71d800b.jpg

dcf70641.jpg

9da2b2e9.jpg

d287e286.jpg

629b364f.jpg

81fe797d.jpg

KeNnY

Mike those are details I wasn't aware of before you told them to me ! Lol ! the reluming is great, nice deep blue color of lume :D

MikeMcNair

KEN, YOU AND I ARE LOVE THE BLOO LUME!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL YOUR BLOO LUME ARE COME FROM US!!!!!!

KeNnY

BLUE LUME ARMY :)

MikeMcNair

BLUE LUME ARMY :)

BLA for LIFE!!!!!!!

Member X

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the worst relume in the world... :lol: lol

My first attempt! Lots of practice still needed... :D

20110519001a.jpg

20110519001b.jpg

20110519002a.jpg

20110519002b.jpg

I started at 10, then did 11, 12, 1, 2, subseconds dial, then worked round to the final one being the 3, which is why the 12 sucks and the 3 is slightly better :D lol

Hard work though! I couldn't separate the plates so just lumed into the sausage [edit: SANDWICH] dial gaps. Toothpicks and a needle weren't great for accuracy or control, nor was not grinding the lume (GlowInc v10) or having no way to do drops of binder... :rolleyes:

To Buy list has oilers, razor blades, a dropper, a ceramic mixing dish... :P

MikeMcNair

Omg X, I actually LOVE it, it's got a TON of personality!!! Even if it looks like a snow cone machine made it! Lol jk.

I can absolutely fix that for ya if you want the tips. PM me and I'll walk you through making that PERFECT!!!!

MikeMcNair

Wait a sec, you said you "couldn't separate the plates of the sausage" dial, that makes no sense. Is it a sausage or a sammich?

If sammich easily fixable, if sausage, I may need to take over from here bro :lol:

Ska

:D Mike - its OBVIOUSLY a sausage dial - look a the pics. :lol:

Good 1st attempt though X mate - looks a bit like my 1st sausage dial test. :P I wasn't brave enough to do that on a PAM dial though!!

Some tips in no particular order.

1. Use at least twice as much binder.

2. To separate the dials heat them up under a desk lamp for 5 mins then use a scalpel blade and work your way around slowly - it WILL come apart.

3. Don't grind the lume - the binder will do its job if you use enough. - to make binder drops without a pipette, take a toothpick or needle, angle it into your mixing bowl but hold it slightly above and pour binder slowly ONTO the toothpick. it will run down the length and form drops at the tip which will slowly drip into your pallette allowing you to control the amount.

4. remove ALL the old lume first from the back plate with nail-polish remover

5. spraypaint the backplate white once its cleaned up.

Hope this helps!!

Member X

Sorry for confusion, it's late and I'm just going to bed :D lol

It was a SANDWICH dial - It looks like the plates are held together with welded/glued posts if I look at the back of the dial backplate :P

I will strip this all off by soaking it in white spirit and hope it loosens the plates, but I will also buy a scalpel as a bezel/caseback knife hasn't got a sharp enough blade to get between the plate edges! lol Then I will try again... :rolleyes:

Thank you for the advice, all :D I need to get better so I can do my 3646 builds... :lol: lol

nunu78

Hey X mate itz very brave of you,wow.good luck for the future jobs

Member X
Omg X, I actually LOVE it, it's got a TON of personality!!! Even if it looks like a snow cone machine made it! Lol jk.

Good good, I want a snowflake Cali dial so you have spotted my plan :P :lol:

Ska

good idea mate, as long as you don't mind losing the black paint as well.

The brass posts are just locators, the dial halves are just glued with hypo cement. Once you've heated it a bit you should easily be able to get it apart with a case knife.

Member X

Oh cool, good stuff! :thumbsup:

I do have some matte finish spraypaint in a worst case scenario... :lol: lol

I will play some more tomorrow!

wat44

the abominable snowman watch!

KeNnY

Member X if you could make vintage case and dial, it would look like steam punk watch ! :)

I love how we all starting to relume ! :) we need modders for the 60 000 registered members of rep web community around all boards :D

Member X when you are going to buy oilers, the best would to buy moderate price.. I have bought for my second oilers, an set of Bergeon Oilers.. Can't wait to have them ! :) But for the lack of tools, good work mate ! ;)

btw if you want to do relume, best way would be to have a LOT OF TIME available for the work ! I have learned it well, no need to hurry , then the work is better done :)

Del

Good effort Member X! I'm not going to criticise since I can't do any of that stuff. Hell, I even hate painting the ceiling! :)

KeNnY
I even hate painting the ceiling! :)

lol :) I wonder to buy an glow paint, and mix it with lume powder, what the results will be :)

Member X

Morning daylight shot!

20110519003a.jpg

20110519003b.jpg

KeNnY

Today I have added second layer of lume on Chopard markers :popcorn: now I will leave it for nice 20 hours dry to be safe to work with it :popcorn:

s6301976.jpg

s6301977.jpg

the markers are now already repaired, they are now sharp on sides... but I am TOOO LAZY make another photo, connect to PC, copy, and upload them again lol....

gtwc
Morning daylight shot!

20110519003a.jpg

20110519003b.jpg

to mr it looks like marshmallow lume.

KeNnY
Morning daylight shot!

20110519003a.jpg

20110519003b.jpg

to mr it looks like marshmallow lume.

you want to lick it ? :D because I once did, and I was glowing whole night :)