bobandshawn

Another Bite at the Grail!

bobandshawn

Backstory: I was born in April of 1962 in Queens, New York. My Godfather and Aunt both worked for Bulova at the time. My uncle was a tool and die maker and my aunt was in assembly. When I first left the hospital we lived with them in their small apartment until my immigrant parents could get their own place. Growing up I was always surrounded by Bulova and Caravelle products, and the iconic Spaceview was the watch of choice for all the men in my family. I was able to find a 1962 Spaceview in Amsterdam several years ago and was delighted that I could afford it! Years passed and I ended up giving it to my grown daughter as a memento and she was thrilled with the history and meaning of it. My uncle recently died which made me feel regret for having done that - but I certainly wasn't going to ask for it back.

Fast forward to this past Monday and I finally have another spaceview in-hand. All original and unmolested 62' with chapter ring and keeping time beautifully.

B

VCNDnU.jpg

Nikosaldente

Nice find mate, considering the sentimental value!

Enjoy wearing it!

NFleischer

Very nice pick up, I know the building right by La Guardia Airport.

bobandshawn

We could see Rikers Island from their house...

NCRich

Nice watch.  I was thinking of converting an Accutron I picked up recently to a spaceview.

blueoysterboy

mine says hi!

IMG-0890.jpg

Alan32

Very nice Just like a swatch...... but with history and class!!!:D       Just got my self a Bulova precsionist and am very, very impressed, a much underrated brandV9XUUA.jpg

RussP

Lovely story about an iconic watch.

Thanks for sharing it with us.