Haven't done a serious metal drilling build in a while so I ordered three "1950's" Rolex models from Marvellous Replica (top notch service and my fav TD).  These are 2813 models and pretty inexpensive at about $100.      They are rather cheap feeling with sharp edges, bright metal, and a bezel that threatens to cut you.  Still not a bad base  as these cases are what everyone uses for lower cost big crown builds.  Pretty good value if you know what to do with it.  I'd like to build something like these gens. So we start taking them apart. Interesting new spacer, haven't seen that before. Dials and hands off I use a dial protector and levers to remove the hands.  Loosen the screws on the side of the movement that retain the dial feet.  Pack everything neatly away. Need to remove the bezel insert, bezel, and plexi.  The plexi on this is a space dome monstrosity that we won't reuse. The bezel is held by a retaining spring.  Using a small screwdriver I tease it out and the bezel just falls off. I've got to head off to class.  I'll continue this later.