fatarms

Anyone know a CONUS watch repair service for tourbillons?

fatarms

To start with, I don't need a tourby serviced, the one I have is working just fine.

This story starts about 6 years ago.  I bought one of those JLC fantasy Master tourbillons.  I sold it a year later needing funds.  I had bought a double hornback strap for it before selling.  About 4 years later, cogwatch was selling the same watch, and I mean the SAME watch, so I bought it back.  We compared pics of his to mine from years earlier, particularly the strap grains between the "scales" on the hornback strap, and it was a dead on match, so I knew it was the one I orginially owned.  We figured it had changed hands at least twice in the time since I'd sold it, he didn't buy it from the same person I sold it to.  It was great to finally have the watch back, the one I bought from Toro so many years ago.

Anyways, enough of the sentimental memory lane bullshit.  Seeing as how this watch is at least 6 years old, it's going to need a service at some point in time.  I don't service watches unless they need it.  Has any CONUS member found any watch repair places that will service/are capable of servicing a tourbillon?

And for the TTIWWP crowd, here ya go:

VKrMOjK.jpg

Glaude

This one survived the "borrowing" of your wife If I'm not mistaken... nothing will ever stop it from working ! :lol: 

fatarms
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

This one survived the "borrowing" of your wife If I'm not mistaken... nothing will ever stop it from working ! :lol: 

Yep, this is the one that she took from me on the way to the airport for a week in Texas to visit family :lol:

SCShrek

Good luck getting a straight answer from this crowd. :wallbash::p

i am also interested as I have a tourby that needs servicing. 

trailboss99
8 minutes ago, gwbmcse said:

Good luck getting a straight answer from this crowd. :wallbash::p

i am also interested as I have a tourby that needs servicing. 

If you don't like it the door is over there  ---------->

Feel free to use it sunshine. 

NCRich
31 minutes ago, trailboss99 said:

If you don't like it the door is over there  ---------->

Feel free to use it sunshine. 

Rough day?

deju

e1d2360bcc44df6470f11db9cd141e6079e72fb6

I've personally never heard of anyone undertaking chinese Tourby repairs or servicing. 

In terms of a service they are obviously very complex so even to strip and oil a movement where parts are not available may scare off most.

I'd think asking Dutchy / dutchman or what ever his name is I forget on RWI he seems to have loads of these watches :)

Edit this guy:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/member/254-theflyingdutchman

fatarms
36 minutes ago, deju said:

e1d2360bcc44df6470f11db9cd141e6079e72fb6

I've personally never heard of anyone undertaking chinese Tourby repairs or servicing. 

In terms of a service they are obviously very complex so even to strip and oil a movement where parts are not available may scare off most.

I'd think asking Dutchy / dutchman or what ever his name is I forget on RWI he seems to have loads of these watches :)

Edit this guy:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/member/254-theflyingdutchman

Thanks for that.  Before I bought the watch, I contacted one of the trusted watch repair guys at the time (10:10 for those that remember him) and he said it shouldn't be too hard, it was basically the same parts in a different configuration.  I was trying to be proactive before buying it, just in case. 

Hopefully it continues to run well for years to come, but just wanted to know if anyone had anyone they'd used for repair just in case the need arose.  For now,  fingers crossed :lol:

Glaude

I remember reading about people getting tourbillon serviced over at RWI, so it's possible ! 

If I read something about it over there, I'll let you know :) 

fatarms
20 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I remember reading about people getting tourbillon serviced over at RWI, so it's possible ! 

If I read something about it over there, I'll let you know :) 

Thank you, my friend.  Much appreciated!