Rebu

Sub dg2813 replacement instruction

Rebu

i have bought a new timepiece for a sub. does anyone have a good instruction or how you can best handle this?

GenTLe
28 minutes ago, Rebu said:

i have bought a new timepiece for a sub. does anyone have a good instruction or how you can best handle this?

Send it to a qualified tech if you aren't used to work on watches and/or don't have the right tools.

Damaging a dial, hands or movement is EXTREMELY easy without some experience...

And the fact that you ask about a relatively simple swap like this tells me that you don't have it.

Edited by GenTLe

Rebu

I bought the right tool for this because I have to start somewhere. but that is why I ask if someone has a few tips or instructions so that I have a better chance of a successful outcome.

FoxWilde

for A successful movement swap you need to

remove hands from the stem

remove dial 

remove datewheel 

these each take a bit of skill. There is a lot of documentation on each of these processes. Good luck

GenTLe

Well, take away the rotor, then remove the stem and crown, then remove the movement holder tabs, extract the movement, put back the stem, remove the hands, remove the dial, swap the datewheel to the new movement, put back dial, hands (checking the midnight date click not to have date changing at 3pm...), clean the dial and inside of crystal from any dust, remove the stem, put back the movement inside the case, put the stem, movement holder and tabs, put back the rotor and close the case...

Nikosaldente
9 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Well, take away the rotor, then remove the stem and crown, then remove the movement holder tabs, extract the movement, put back the stem, remove the hands, remove the dial, swap the datewheel to the new movement, put back dial, hands (checking the midnight date click not to have date changing at 3pm...), clean the dial and inside of crystal from any dust, remove the stem, put back the movement inside the case, put the stem, movement holder and tabs, put back the rotor and close the case...

This^^^^, aaaand....

Don't forget to inhale and exhale through out the whole process :giggle:

GenTLe
This^^^^, aaaand....
Don't forget to inhale and exhale through out the whole process :giggle:
I disagree. If you breath too near to the screws you're gonna make them fly away and lose them (and I am not joking)

Rebu

Thank for the tips! I hope it works.

fatarms
20 hours ago, GenTLe said:

You make this sound waaaayy too simple.  There's a lot of swearing and drinking of beers that goes on in between many of those steps.

Go_hawks
On 16/04/2019 at 12:28, fatarms said:

You make this sound waaaayy too simple.  There's a lot of swearing and drinking of beers that goes on in between many of those steps.

LOL too true, especially at first! PATIENCE, GOOD TOOLS (don't buy an "all in one repair kit", those are mostly junk for changing straps and batteries in quartz watches), and taking your time will be your best friends! Rome wasn't built in a day!

ShovelnTC

The other guys forgot to mention steady hands and GOOD eyes.

I gave up on all but the most basic watch repairs as they are just too small.

Good luck, you'll need it.