FoxWilde

FOX’S PICKUP: A FAT CHEST OF VINTAGE WATCH PARTS

FoxWilde

Here’s a new pickup I got today: a treasure chest of NOS Bulova watch parts. All still sealed in their pouches. A friend of mine was cleaning out his garage and knew I loved to fiddle with this type of trash, so I saved them. Spent about $0 on this. If 

I have almost no idea what I’m going to do with them, so this’ll be fun! If any one knows a bit about this find please let me know!

0-FBAE428-5310-4566-A124-1-E7674-F97095.
A0-DE2763-B89-E-469-F-B644-7557-D0773947
FB36-ECDE-EB0-A-4-EC8-8381-15-A93-D39-F1

GenTLe

On eBay that thing is worth probably a good amount of money if sold by single pieces...

TRANSPORTER

The chest alone is worth a few Bob aswell, my engineers chest was a steal from my local auction house, would love another only bigger but they go for big bucks 

splke

That's beautiful 

FoxWilde
14 minutes ago, TRANSPORTER said:

The chest alone is worth a few Bob aswell, my engineers chest was a steal from my local auction house, would love another only bigger but they go for big bucks 

I’m fixing to help clean out his workhouse this weekend. Hes got Crystals, old manuals, tools, and most importantly, watch movements. He’s got watch parts collected from the past 90 years, hopefully I’ll find some treasure buried in there. 

Nikosaldente

Don't forget to post here what else you find :D

Jasonbaylee

Awwwsome Pandora chest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CollieWobbles
14 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

I’m fixing to help clean out his workhouse this weekend. Hes got Crystals, old manuals, tools, and most importantly, watch movements. He’s got watch parts collected from the past 90 years, hopefully I’ll find some treasure buried in there. 

Subscribed.

tonyh7
14 hours ago, TRANSPORTER said:

Yep, I love the the chest - would benefit from a proper clean and polish. It looks a good piece. 

GingerApple

Fox has been out burgling again!!!!!

"A friend of mine was clearing out his garage...."

"I came upon an estate clearance by chance....."

Spare us the lies you tea leaf!!!!!

CollieWobbles

:pinkpanther:

GingerApple
34 minutes ago, CollieWobbles said:

:pinkpanther:

:clouseaul:

FoxWilde
16 hours ago, Nikosaldente said:

Don't forget to post here what else you find :D

Will do! :)

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

the secrets out !!!

:rofl:

bdnica
2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

Praise the Gods... someone finally has the stones to speak the obvious truth! 

The pocket watches at the Estate Sale?  Spare me!  And not just any pocket watches... Langes, Pateks, IWCs.  A virtual museum of pocket watch history. 

Now 'a friend' stumbles across a warehouse inventory of original, factory sealed parts?  Right.... because this sort of thing happens all the time.  :B):

In two weeks it will be: 'A guy I know who's an AD for some lesser brands was mistakenly shipped a container of new stainless steel Rolex sports models... he wants to know if they have any value?'

Please.  Not that I'm judging... more jealous at your level of skill.  But if @Glaude were to change your forum ID name to 'Stainless Steal'  it might be a reasonable move on his part.  Just sayin'....!

blueoysterboy

Fox, is it all automatic and hand-wind parts?  I know that the tuning fork movements are worth quite a bit for repairing vintage 214 and 218 models

FoxWilde
On 16/04/2019 at 08:35, bdnica said:

Praise the Gods... someone finally has the stones to speak the obvious truth! 

The pocket watches at the Estate Sale?  Spare me!  And not just any pocket watches... Langes, Pateks, IWCs.  A virtual museum of pocket watch history. 

Now 'a friend' stumbles across a warehouse inventory of original, factory sealed parts?  Right.... because this sort of thing happens all the time.  :B):

In two weeks it will be: 'A guy I know who's an AD for some lesser brands was mistakenly shipped a container of new stainless steel Rolex sports models... he wants to know if they have any value?'

Please.  Not that I'm judging... more jealous at your level of skill.  But if @Glaude were to change your forum ID name to 'Stainless Steal'  it might be a reasonable move on his part.  Just sayin'....!

Lol!

this “friend” has been a watch smith and a jewelry store owner for over 30 years. It helps living in a town where no one knows anything about watches. Especially vintage watches. 

On 16/04/2019 at 10:16, blueoysterboy said:

Fox, is it all automatic and hand-wind parts?  I know that the tuning fork movements are worth quite a bit for repairing vintage 214 and 218 models

All mechanical. I have not gotten a chance to dig through it yet. So far we’ve moved benches and heavy tools out of the work shed. Here’s a cool box I’m taking home today:

EA288764-F068-4-C25-A0-C9-DB32-D381-A6-F

don’t know what some of these are, but it looks like enamel pocket watch dials and cases. Can’t believe this guy was going to throw it all away!

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

Can’t believe this guy was going to throw it all away!

I know, right!

It's literally unbelievable!

:pcsam: