kamo

New member from Bulgaria

kamo

Hello All,

new member to the forum and to rep world in general. I am from Bulgaria and i am wondering if there are other people from my country here. I am interested to learn about reps which are modded with gen or close to gen parts. I am looking forward to meeting people who build or mod/improve reps. The ultimate goal is to learn as much as possible and, hopefully, start my own project based on a rep. I start from zero, no experience at all, so everything i read is new.

Looking forward to it and also to interacting with all of you.

Here is a first noob question: any members from Bulgaria? can you recommend a rep friendly watchmaker?

K.

Glaude

Hi and welcome ! :) 

Go_hawks

Welcome to the forum, I'm new here too, I've been on RWI for about 10 years though! Just thought I'd say hello!!! I'm from the States, but there are many Euro friendly watchmakers, and a lot of good videos you can watch online about how watches work, easy repairs, and my advice would to be to start simple with low cost, user friendly movements like the DG2813, if you mess one up it won't hurt much, they're dirt cheap, have a decent power reserve, and I've regulated them to within +/-1 second a day. Most of all, enjoy your time here!!! Lots to learn!!!!

kamo
5 minutes ago, Go_hawks said:

Welcome to the forum, I'm new here too, I've been on RWI for about 10 years though! Just thought I'd say hello!!! I'm from the States, but there are many Euro friendly watchmakers, and a lot of good videos you can watch online about how watches work, easy repairs, and my advice would to be to start simple with low cost, user friendly movements like the DG2813, if you mess one up it won't hurt much, they're dirt cheap, have a decent power reserve, and I've regulated them to within +/-1 second a day. Most of all, enjoy your time here!!! Lots to learn!!!!

Thank you Sir!

Off topic:  I am guessing you are from Atlanta?

Mystery Shopper

Welcome Kamo.

My favourite memory of Bulgaria is the Rila monestary in the snow of a ski trip years ago.