Oilguy

New sub almost here!!

Oilguy

My first rep is almost here.  It's a sub and I was wanting to post some pics and see what y'all think.  Mainly to point out flaws so I can get a better one...lol.  so where would be the best place to post pics?

Oilguy

Of course...thank you!

deju
4 hours ago, Oilguy said:

My first rep is almost here.  It's a sub and I was wanting to post some pics and see what y'all think.  Mainly to point out flaws so I can get a better one...lol.  so where would be the best place to post pics?

My Advice is to enjoy the watch, if you can't see a flaw then who cares, as you learn more about flaws you end up chasing the dragon.

Enjoy the watch for a while then look at flaws.

To get a Sub without flaws is into the franken thousands and can still be called out by a WiS, remember guys on the rep forums eat sleep and breathe this shit. 99% of normies and non rep wearers are clueless    

Oilguy

You know I never thought of it that way...you are absolutely right.  If it brings joy to me who cares right? Thank you for you insight.  BTW what is WiS...never heard that before.

Oilguy

So my watch is in customs...anyone know about how long that takes?

Mkiv

It varies, if you're lucky it may go through customs right away (under 24 hours).  Otherwise it could potentially take up to 7-10 days or more.

22 minutes ago, Oilguy said:

So my watch is in customs...anyone know about how long that takes?

Mike R
On 17/04/2019 at 05:52, deju said:

To get a Sub without flaws is into the franken thousands and can still be called out by a WiS, remember guys on the rep forums eat sleep and breathe this shit. 99% of normies and non rep wearers are clueless    

Watch idiot Savant :rofl: according to google 

GLWW

Mike R

Savant : To know, a learned person

Oilguy

Watch arrived!  I'm happy with it of course it's my 1st one so my standards aren't that high...lol.  Will be posting pics soon to see what y'all think.  I'm not sure if it was this forum or not but there was a post on how to take proper pics of watches.  Any help would be appreciated.

Genius
16 minutes ago, Oilguy said:

Watch arrived!  I'm happy with it of course it's my 1st one so my standards aren't that high...lol.  Will be posting pics soon to see what y'all think.  I'm not sure if it was this forum or not but there was a post on how to take proper pics of watches.  Any help would be appreciated.

Just post shit photos it's fine, we'll take the piss out of them until you get better at it

splke
44 minutes ago, Oilguy said:

and post using picr.me

kuvarsit

Nice thread . 

Oilguy

Thank you and excuse my ignorance but what is picr.me?

Mkiv
1 hour ago, Oilguy said:

Thank you and excuse my ignorance but what is picr.me?

Oilguy

VMLBpA.md.jpg VMLrwT.md.jpg VMOVdQ.md.jpg

Ok so here it is...what do y'all think...I know I already want a different bracelet...lol

Edited by Oilguy

GingerApple

I'm hoping that cost you less than $80....

Oilguy

I did...what are the flaws if you don't mind me asking...I know the bracelet is wrong.

GingerApple

Date wheel font is horrendous, crown guards look wrong, dial looks cheap (printing's horrible), markers look weird....

I'm more of a noob than an expert in this game, but to my eyes, that's awful. How much did you pay??? Was it from a TD!!?! Link?

Enthusiast88
41 minutes ago, Gingercnut said:

Date wheel font is horrendous, crown guards look wrong, dial looks cheap (printing's horrible), markers look weird....

I'm more of a noob than an expert in this game, but to my eyes, that's awful. How much did you pay??? Was it from a TD!!?! Link?

Don’t crush his dreams man give it to him slow it’s his first rep:) 

Oilguy

Paid 75.00 from Silix don't have the link but it's ROL268 on their website, and thanks for identifying the flaws just the kind of info I was looking for.

Lol he didn't crush any dreams just helping me along quicker that's what I wanted!

GingerApple

Totally fair enough for $75. Well, wrong bracelet aside. Imo Sillix should have to replace that - unless you missed it in QC.

Oilguy

Well I feel a good knowing I didn't get totally ripped off on my first purchase

Enthusiast88
2 minutes ago, Oilguy said:

Well I feel a good knowing I didn't get totally ripped off on my first purchase

Nope didn’t get ripped off.. you got what you paid for.. it’s not bad for the money, enjoy it. 

I know he didn’t crush your dreams, he’s just being helpful, i was just messin:D