CaptShazam

Is it acceptable for a watchsmith to scratch your watch?

CaptShazam

Hello people of RWG,

I recently received my watch back from my watchsmith and realized there is scratches on the hands and dial.... Should I speak to my watchsmith about this or just live with it? 

What's your thoughts?

BlackjackWQ

Completely unacceptable. 

Mystery Shopper

Take it back to the watchsmith and discuss it with him. He should be using enough care not to cause any damage.

He qualifications aren't from the English speaking department of the Finnish watchmaking school are they?

quadro

Fully agree !
The price does not justify the quality, it is the work that is the fame of the seller.
Bad work = bad seller!:spank:

RussP

Sometimes slight scratching is inevitable, depending upon the nature of the rectification work being carried out.

Perhaps a description of what was required and pictures to illustrate the damage might assist.

24 minutes ago, Mystery Shopper said:

Take it back to the watchsmith and discuss it with him. He should be using enough care not to cause any damage.

He qualifications aren't from the English speaking department of the Finnish watchmaking school are they?

That Finnish guy really gets around, doesn't he?

Enthusiast88

Definitely NOT acceptable. 

Theviking

Context is important here, it's not acceptable if they're a professional watchsmith but if they're some guy willing to fix your watch it's different. 

CurioLeo

In theory, NOT acceptable....in practice,  people have sometimes received their genuine Panerai back from the service centre scratched.  Just saying..... however,  they are rather notorious for poor service and if you went to reputable watchsmith in a commercial transaction,  then they should not have caused more damage than the watch had before it went for service.

Mazz

only if the watch was itchy

Icemix69

"Watchsmith"............... "watchmaker" 

Jibuti
6 hours ago, Mystery Shopper said:

SSSteel keeps hands and dial intact and clean.... He only charges you 550 USD for that + for shipping in a wet paper bag....

Glaude
3 hours ago, Mazz said:

only if the watch was itchy

:lmao: 

RussP
18 hours ago, Glaude said:

:lmao: 

+ 1.