reasonoverpassion

Side by side: my relative's Gen DJ 34 with my first (better than DHgate) rep buy: DJF Datejust 36 116234 V2

reasonoverpassion

I've been with them as the same watch was picked up and dropped off at an auth. dealer for service, and it cost the appropriate amount, so what seems off about the smaller gen to me? Or is it that I spend too much time looking at reps and not enough at gens these days?

Edit: Boy, the bezel is just awful on so many rep DJs, really noticing it even without the 34 having same. Cyclops is rough enough alone, but wow that bezel screams "put a quarter in and twist for a prize"

https://imgur.com/a/01nL9EE

Edited by reasonoverpassion

PostMaster

zzxXJql_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

There you go mate.. copy link > Insert URL.

Nice gen Rolex 

Follow this:

All the best 

BadApple

Or why not go down the PicR route and do a complete job?? 

VRnXbX.jpg

reasonoverpassion
7 hours ago, reasonoverpassion said:

I've been with them as the same watch was picked up and dropped off at an auth. dealer for service, and it cost the appropriate amount, so what seems off about the smaller gen to me? Or is it that I spend too much time looking at reps and not enough at gens these days?

https://imgur.com/a/01nL9EE

Appreciate the correction, duly noted!

blueoysterboy

Yeah,  I've just never been a fan of the fluted bezels.  Oh, and yes, you can see the higher level of quality on the gen R-factory.  You get what you pay for?

NCRich

Not to me, biggest problem to me is the dial.  This is a 36 DJ I built.  All rep but the dial.  Gen dial.

kVs4GXC.jpg?1

reasonoverpassion
7 hours ago, NCRich said:

Not to me, biggest problem to me is the dial.  This is a 36 DJ I built.  All rep but the dial.  Gen dial.

kVs4GXC.jpg?1

Wow do I ever see it now. Still a good start and basis for comparison, but after the Kuvarsit I've ordered gets in, I think I'm going to go with something much better.

Beautiful watch. Looks great against the water.