Monkey_Business

Blowing a stack on a hulk

nunu78
1 hour ago, Mr_B said:

Date window overlay? 

thanks mate, i knew the DW but O for overlay was missing. GOD, im getting old.

nunu78

I believe at the moment, none of the rep factories are using SH3135. May be im wrong but JF used to have SH3135 in their rolex reps.

GenTLe
8 minutes ago, nunu78 said:

I believe at the moment, none of the rep factories are using SH3135. May be im wrong but JF used to have SH3135 in their rolex reps.

ARF does and VRF too it seems. DJF instead uses a new one that is neither an SH3135 nor an SA3135 and that I've never seen before:

ARF: https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5570-submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135.html

VRF: https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5781-submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-vrf-max-904l-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-vr3135-.html

DJF: https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5606-submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-ss-djf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-dj3135free-timeappmilano-r-cover.html

Chiquita Fanjita
4 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

It’s amazing what could be done without a budget. 

Mine was only $360 OTB but it’s about to get modded up

CE0-EC94-C-CCD5-422-A-B397-F473-BF977-EF

the details become obvious, don’t they?  :)

and sadly, gen parts are not common and very expensive . 

Ohhh that was still within a budget, but it can spiral and get out of control. That was kept to a reasonable’ish budget without going balls deep crazy on it.

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if I was modding mine, first on my shopping list would be a Gen insert, whereas you've got everything but! Is that due to cost/rarity/happy with your stock insert/something else......?

I would love a gen insert/bezel, but as you say yourself and @Mr_B pointed out, these are very rare and hard to obtain and they do cost about £2k, and as having spent £2k on an insert and bezel assembly for my next build I restrained myself :lol: I might still try and get a gen insert or full bezel in the future for it though. There was a full Hulk gen bezel and dial for sale not so long ago next door for £3500 that actually got snapped up really quick. At the moment I’ll just make do with the sputtering which is as close to gen as I can get for now.

Monkey_Business

I will be looking for a watch with an SH movement then (Or the DJ if that proves reliable).

It's super cool that you've modded your watches to such an extent @Chiquita Fanjita, but that's way over budget for me. Whenever I see the 1K threshold, I start to eye the R-factory. We're talking under a tenth in franken-money after all. 

Problem at the moment seems to be the damn waiting list. I was prospected 1-2 years for a hulk. I mean, come on. 

Chiquita Fanjita
4 minutes ago, Monkey_Business said:

I will be looking for a watch with an SH movement then (Or the DJ if that proves reliable).

It's super cool that you've modded your watches to such an extent @Chiquita Fanjita, but that's way over budget for me. Whenever I see the 1K threshold, I start to eye the R-factory. We're talking under a tenth in franken-money after all. 

Problem at the moment seems to be the damn waiting list. I was prospected 1-2 years for a hulk. I mean, come on. 

I’ve went crazy on my next one but it is still under half the price of the gen.

Yeah, waiting lists are stupid, although generally do get the watch quicker than they tell you. Even buying second hand you’ll be paying over the odds. A new Hulk is £7700 I’m sure, but you’ll be lucky to find a 2nd hand one for less than £9k.

Sergio
5 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

It’s amazing what could be done without a budget. 

Mine was only $360 OTB but it’s about to get modded up

CE0-EC94-C-CCD5-422-A-B397-F473-BF977-EF

the details become obvious, don’t they?  :)

and sadly, gen parts are not common and very expensive . 

Im new to this game ..... What mods would you do to this piece ?

Monkey_Business
32 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Im new to this game ..... What mods would you do to this piece ?

Nothing. He says he's going to get it modded

FoxWilde

@Sergio as monkey Business said, nothing so far. 

I’m thinking a gen crystal, crown and DWO. 

Then maybe down the road a dial. 

But I mean, it’s pretty good to my standards as it is, so I won’t go all out like @Chiquita Fanjita

Chiquita Fanjita
7 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

@Sergio as monkey Business said, nothing so far. 

I’m thinking a gen crystal, crown and DWO. 

Then maybe down the road a dial. 

But I mean, it’s pretty good to my standards as it is, so I won’t go all out like @Chiquita Fanjita

Does yours have an SH3135 movement?

FoxWilde
11 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Does yours have an SH3135 movement?

Yessir