Monkey_Business

Blowing a stack on a hulk

Monkey_Business

Trying to stay absent of the rep game since the purchase of my gen 114060 last year, but I feel the urge coming back. 

I feel like I'm endangering our wedding funds, but hey. A watch is a watch right? 

So I've been feeling out the Hulk for some time, and might just pull the trigger. I'm just unsure whether to go for the Noob V9 or the GMF version. The Noob seems to have a much better bracelet, but the GMF has a better bezel. When it comes to date window, I'm unable to tell which of them is better, but they look different. 

(Also, the Noob V8 costs the same as V9 - Whats up with that?)

I know I'm socking the question "Who has the best sub", but I seriously need help figuring this out lol. 

RepGuy

Noob V8 is my personal recommendation, provided you dont want to do R-Factory that is :D

Monkey_Business
15 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Noob V8 is my personal recommendation, provided you dont want to do R-Factory that is :D

Set me up with your R-factory guy please :)

What’s the difference between V8 and V9? They cost the same to the dime.

SteveA

Kuvarsit has a thread on here with a half decent one $288 with free delivery fr members

Monkey_Business
3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Kuvarsit has a thread on here with a half decent one $288 with free delivery fr members

I appreciate it mate. 
Sadly, I've become to expect gen quality from reps (See where I trolled my self kinda last week) so I need the best looking reps out there. 

GenTLe
2 minutes ago, Monkey_Business said:

I appreciate it mate. 
Sadly, I've become to expect gen quality from reps (See where I trolled my self kinda last week) so I need the best looking reps out there. 

Just for information, what's bad about that (and the similar one Mary has advertised in her space)?

Mr_B

Mary does a VRF for $300 

Monkey_Business
20 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Just for information, what's bad about that (and the similar one Mary has advertised in her space)?

I haven't seen it in person - He just said half-decent so I went with my gut. 

2 minutes ago, Mr_B said:

Mary does a VRF for $300 

I'll look into that! :)

GingerApple

Then I think you've picked the wrong watch; I don't think there's a rep out there with an all-but-Gen quality bezel insert. They all miss slightly on getting the correct colour.

Chiquita Fanjita

Best of the bunch IMO would be a noob.

Monkey_Business

How is the SA3135’s? Have they even replicated the instant date change?

All sub reps are far off. Go for RF

gen has a nice dw, a clear crystal, perfectly set cyclops wit AR, shiny plat bezel and shiny white gold hands

then next to it you put a dull rep with too thin/thick dw font, dark bezel and depending on the factory lacking AR

Chiquita Fanjita
1 hour ago, Monkey_Business said:

How is the SA3135’s? Have they even replicated the instant date change?

I’d avoid the SA3135. It’s not a reliable movement and it’s more or less just a waiting game until it pack in. The SH3135 is a more reliable and will happily accept all gen parts.

52 minutes ago, 171796 said:

All sub reps are far off. Go for RF

gen has a nice dw, a clear crystal, perfectly set cyclops wit AR, shiny plat bezel and shiny white gold hands

then next to it you put a dull rep with too thin/thick dw font, dark bezel and depending on the factory lacking AR

My Noob is as just good as your gen description ;)

56-AA4041-DDA5-4963-ABE6-190-A0-B4-C1076

Monkey_Business

Why can’t we have nice things :(

Do basicly I need to wait for a new gen of hulks with the SH then? 

59 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

I’d avoid the SA3135. It’s not a reliable movement and it’s more or less just a waiting game until it pack in. The SH3135 is a more reliable and will happily accept all gen parts.

My Noob is as just good as your gen description ;)

56-AA4041-DDA5-4963-ABE6-190-A0-B4-C1076

What parts are gen on this piece?

Chiquita Fanjita
29 minutes ago, Monkey_Business said:

Why can’t we have nice things :(

Do basicly I need to wait for a new gen of hulks with the SH then? 

What parts are gen on this piece?

If you want the smoothest sweep per the gen and the ability to accept gen parts then the SH3135 is what to get.

My Noob v7 has the SH3135. 

The gen parts are crystal, DWO, hands, crown and tube. The bezel was sputter coated and the bracelet and case rebrushed and polished as per gen and also had a Noob V9 dial fitted.

Monkey_Business

Sounds like it cost a few bucks to do, but it looks great. That's what I'm after. 

Did you mod it yourself or do you have a guy? 

Chiquita Fanjita
57 minutes ago, Monkey_Business said:

Sounds like it cost a few bucks to do, but it looks great. That's what I'm after. 

Did you mod it yourself or do you have a guy? 

Think it was about £1,500 all in.

No mate, I just got all the parts and sent it away to be built up.

Monkey_Business

Insane. But it looks hella good. What does sputter coating do, and where exactly do you find OEM parts for modern submariners? I thought they were impossible to get hold of. 

Chiquita Fanjita
3 hours ago, Monkey_Business said:

Insane. But it looks hella good. What does sputter coating do, and where exactly do you find OEM parts for modern submariners? I thought they were impossible to get hold of. 

If you think that was insane you won’t want to know how much my next build is costing me :lol: 

The sputter coating is the silver on the numerals of the bezel. It’s the same process that Rolex use to coat their bezels.

Gen parts are getting harder and harder to source, but next door usually have a good selection of gen parts for sale and also you can sometimes find a bargain on eBay, as long as you know what you’re looking for.

FoxWilde
35 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

If you think that was insane you won’t want to know how much my next build is costing me :lol: 

The sputter coating is the silver on the numerals of the bezel. It’s the same process that Rolex use to coat their bezels.

Gen parts are getting harder and harder to source, but next door usually have a good selection of gen parts for sale and also you can sometimes find a bargain on eBay, as long as you know what you’re looking for.

It’s amazing what could be done without a budget. 

Mine was only $360 OTB but it’s about to get modded up

CE0-EC94-C-CCD5-422-A-B397-F473-BF977-EF

the details become obvious, don’t they?  :)

and sadly, gen parts are not common and very expensive . 

GingerApple
5 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Think it was about £1,500 all in.

No mate, I just got all the parts and sent it away to be built up.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if I was modding mine, first on my shopping list would be a Gen insert, whereas you've got everything but! Is that due to cost/rarity/happy with your stock insert/something else......?

Mr_B
16 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotGingerBubba said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if I was modding mine, first on my shopping list would be a Gen insert, whereas you've got everything but! Is that due to cost/rarity/happy with your stock insert/something else......?

'Cos the gen inserts are as rare as rocking horse shit, and if you do find one be prepared to pay circa 2k

GingerApple

That would explain it!

Ta.

nunu78

DWO ?  please enlighten me.

Mr_B
7 minutes ago, nunu78 said:

DWO ?  please enlighten me.

Date window overlay?