Scunt

Why I will ALWAYS use PayPal to buy reps from Trusted Dealers

Scunt

Hi 

new to this forum but not to the Rep game as I have a collection of 20.

just a little post to keep people out of the hassle of phoning up your credit card fraud department every month or so. IF you’re TD doesn’t accept PayPal then go elsewhere.

my first 4 purchases of reps cost me 4 different credit card problems. All the cards were cloned and all from 4 different TDs on this site (I shall not mention any names)

when a TD website gets hacked then all your details go with it, name address and credit card transactions etc

most sites with numbers after their names like 03  04 etc have been a victim.

not blaming the TDs fully but they aren’t secure.

PAYPAL OR NOTHING 

i know now some smarty pants will come out with “I’ve never had any problem” etc etc

well I have

Del

Well, thank you for this insight..... :rolleyes:

Oh, and btw, most TDs don't take PayPal because of scammers and idiots raising disputes to get their money back, even if they received the watch they ordered! ;) 

BadApple

Who put the @Scunt in Scunthorpe ? 

Glaude

Most of what you said isn't even true...

Before I continue : I don't say you can't have problems with other payment method but,

12 minutes ago, Scunt said:

when a TD website gets hacked then all your details go with it, name address and credit card transactions

Appart if they are using their own credit card processor (not often) or if their website is compromise (still won't have your info on those on this board), that's impossible as credit card transaction are encrypted and the transaction takes place on their bank website, not on their website.

most sites with numbers after their names like 03  04 etc have been a victim.

Those site are not "victim" of hacking, their are victims of brands legal action against them because of the inherent nature of their business ! 

PAYPAL OR NOTHING 

Western Union, Transferwise, bitcoin, wire transfer... to name a few other secure method that don't rely on the TDs ability to secure his website...

Paypal is a risky business for TD, chargeback happen, account with funds get closed etc... most of them won't accept it from new members and they are right to do so !

• Like 1

NCRich

Who could argue with the voice of experience?  A whole 20 watches?

BadApple

I use Paypal as it is untraceable with my missus. 

• Like 5

Chiquita Fanjita

Fantastic.jpg

• Like 1

Lagger

I used a credit card ONCE to buy a watch,  and it got done like you say. 

PayPal can be a nightmare for the TD.......that's why most offer Western Union........

SCShrek

A lot of TD's will open up to PayPal only after you have made several purchases from them. Only Andrew offered PayPal straight out of the gate for me.  You can also have problems other ways as well. I recently sent a payment via WU to a TD and was told that I needed to change the pickup name as the name they gave me was not longer valid. This is fine but WU doesnt allow that. You have to kill the transaction entirely, wait to get your funds back and initiate a new transaction. Sorry to say, I went elsewhere since the TD couldnt get his ducks in a row.

PayPal is preferred for me just from ease of payment but it's rarely an options initially. 

GenTLe

I use WU online, bank transfer (to WU) and pickup in cash there.

4.9€ each transaction plus some crappy money exchange rate, but 10% discount from the TD which is much more :)

SteveA

I’ve used Paypal,WU and Credit Card,only issue I’ve ever had was WU similar to the above in that the vendor changed details etc it was a right ball ache

Jibuti
51 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Who could argue with the voice of experience?  A whole 20 watches?

fuck.... and I have only 7 of them now....sigh...

45 minutes ago, Badapple said:

bingo!

Just now, Jibuti said:

fuck.... and I have only 7 of them now....sigh... but I use only PP...and everybody accepts me...well, not as a person too....

bingo!

Dendo
1 hour ago, Badapple said:

Who put the @Scunt in Scunthorpe ? 

Jeremy Thorpe - and I used to think Scunthorpe was an anti-liberal anagram till Norman Scott came along :lol:

deju

Not new to reps but new to technology :lol:

I've just looked at a few TD's sites (and I'm sure @Glaude can confirm) They all use Creditcard gateways with 3d secure. This means the card processor gets the card details through their own server.  They are never stored or seen by the TD's server.  

Reference Paypal for illegitimate means; Most illegal traders are using ghost paypal accounts, ghost bank accounts, that third parties have arranged. EXACTLY like setting up illegal proxy card processing.

If you want secure with no data transfer you go pay cash at a WU processor.

and FYI none of your credit card details are safe.

All the details I need to rip the arse out of your accounts on Websites like Amazon or Harrods UK are on the merchants copy of every receipt that every seller gets when you buy something using your card. 

329724a7c80110c8806f67ebed564190.jpg

Icemix69

Utter tripe, ive used just about every method going, even that bitcoin shite. I now prefer to use bank transfer with my chosen TD as too many people scammed him on paypal. Thanks for the heads up tho 

Glaude

Don't even bother, he'll probably never come back here since he can now shit in two direction at the same time.

I don't remember seing an unsecured, not third party payement processor on any TD, there are hard to find nowadays and ready made plugins for the various CMS used by TD are safe in regards of CC details

Enthusiast88

What a random post from a random guy 

Adit
2 hours ago, Badapple said:

She must think that you're a huge Ebay fan then! :chatty:

FoxWilde

I always mail a bag of cash to them. Always secure :) 

• Like 1

Jibuti
12 hours ago, FoxWilde said:

I always mail a bag of cash to them. Always secure :) 

in coins, I assume...?

quadro

I agree with you all. But by experience, I can say that the logo "secure key" and the logo "PayPal" do not guarantee that the seller is honest or that we are on their site.
Little trick, when the payment site opens, I start by making a bad access code. If the site opens, it's a scam ...

RussP

Takes a Scunt to recognise one :B):

BlackjackWQ

WU is great, especially since if you're an aussie there is a "first time" free transfer code that works whether its your first transfer or 1000th. No transfer fee makes it cheap as chips.

I prefer PayPal because it is much more convenient, and I use PayPal with TD's who I've purchased things from before. Easy as. I wouldn't use my card directly because I'm paranoid about these sketchy processing websites but there are so many other options than just PayPal.

GenTLe
56 minutes ago, BlackjackWQ said:

I wouldn't use my card directly because I'm paranoid about these sketchy processing websites but there are so many other options than just PayPal.

Same here: only place I've my CC details are Google to pay my 1000GB cloud space, PP, Amazon (where I work, and I know how paranoid they are about security), AliExpress (hopefully they're big enough not to be an easy prey) and probably DhGate (same as for AliExpress).

In no way I'm going to put a CC into any minor company Website (regardless it's a perfectly legit Italian company or any other random one).

Scunt
18 hours ago, Del said:

Well, thank you for this insight..... :rolleyes:

Oh, and btw, most TDs don't take PayPal because of scammers and idiots raising disputes to get their money back, even if they received the watch they ordered! ;) 

Who cares , PayPal or go elsewhere