Scunt

Why I will ALWAYS use PayPal to buy reps from Trusted Dealers

horo

Lesson learned here. I did just use a credit card for a purchase, not so concerned about safety but the fees and exchange rate was a surprise. 

Transferwise / paypal seems the way, unless do as above and deal locally.

tslims99

I recently purchased 2 reps by credit card with Trusty (first ever order from him) and the fees were 9.2%. This seems WAY too high to me (from 732 to 800). I've never had fees that high with TD's that I have used in the past. Is it just me, or he taking the mickey out of me a bit? Or am I just shocked that fees have gone this high in the 4 years since I last bought a rep?

BadPickle
4 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

I recently purchased 2 reps by credit card with Trusty (first ever order from him) and the fees were 9.2%. This seems WAY too high to me (from 732 to 800). I've never had fees that high with TD's that I have used in the past. Is it just me, or he taking the mickey out of me a bit? Or am I just shocked that fees have gone this high in the 4 years since I last bought a rep?

I’d guess it’s fees from the cc company, use WU or Transferwise next time 

• Like 1

tslims99
24 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

I’d guess it’s fees from the cc company, use WU or Transferwise next time 

lesson learned. it stings a little bit, but it's only a flesh wound.

BadPickle
16 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

lesson learned. it stings a little bit, but it's only a flesh wound.

Plus if it’s a crock of shit when it comes it’s much easier to do a chargeback when you pay by cc, you could say it’s a fake and not what you ordered at all 

jus sayin ;) 

tslims99
1 hour ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Plus if it’s a crock of shit when it comes it’s much easier to do a chargeback when you pay by cc, you could say it’s a fake and not what you ordered at all 

jus sayin ;) 

I mean, that would be terribly shitty. I did that ONCE many, many years ago after receiving multiple garbage, sending it back, receiving the same garbage(s) back, getting a mod involved on another forum which didn't help, and eventually just sending the shite back for good and charging back. I felt so, so dirty afterward. Even though it ended up okay for me- got my money back and didn't cause issues for anyone else on the forum- I really don't want to do that again. I will just take my lumps in the future; it's the nature of our hobby...but never say never I guess. There's always someone who has it coming.

BadPickle
2 hours ago, tslims99 said:

I mean, that would be terribly shitty. I did that ONCE many, many years ago after receiving multiple garbage, sending it back, receiving the same garbage(s) back, getting a mod involved on another forum which didn't help, and eventually just sending the shite back for good and charging back. I felt so, so dirty afterward. Even though it ended up okay for me- got my money back and didn't cause issues for anyone else on the forum- I really don't want to do that again. I will just take my lumps in the future; it's the nature of our hobby...but never say never I guess. There's always someone who has it coming.

:lol:   Yeah man stick it to ‘em 

Blozr

Good advise, had the same happened to me twice via dhgate!

dragoslear

I use wise because many td don,t accept paypal...

BadApple

jyGWSc.gif

Sam812

I didn't know Western Union was even still a thing. I have only used PP for the 6 reps I have all from the same TD. 

Mobius Klein
On 23/04/2019 at 15:13, NCRich said:

Who could argue with the voice of experience?  A whole 20 watches?

Not sure what you are getting at here NCRich and not looking for an argument but a collection of 20 reps is surely not to be scoffed at.

NCRich
28 minutes ago, Mobius Klein said:

Not sure what you are getting at here NCRich and not looking for an argument but a collection of 20 reps is surely not to be scoffed at.

Holy necropost!  3 years late to that argument.

Mobius Klein
11 hours ago, NCRich said:

Holy necropost!  3 years late to that argument.

Late, yes in typical newbie style I did not look at the date.  Interested in what you were getting at though.  Is a collection of 20 reps considered 'small' around here?

Edited by Mobius Klein

NCRich
1 hour ago, Mobius Klein said:

Late, yes in typical newbie style I did not look at the date.  Interested in what you were getting at though.  Is a collection of 20 reps considered 'small' around here?

Not so much that as the moron who posted this initially was such a cunt that we named him such and piled on the abuse.  No one uses paypal and no, having ordered 20 watches doesn't denote that you have any idea what you are doing.  I've ordered hundreds.  Don't have them all, but I have an indecent number.  Welcome!