Scunt

Why I will ALWAYS use PayPal to buy reps from Trusted Dealers

tonyh7

I use PayPal with my regular td and it works well, but then we have established a relationship of trust. I used to use WU, but there are fewer and fewer outlets near me that offer it. I’ve found WU online to be a disaster, every transaction refused. Have thought of bitcoin as I’ve got a few hanging round somewhere. Anyone tried that?

BadApple

Ask your TD about Transferwise. Low fees, instant transfer and excellent exchange rate. 

I use it in preference to PayPal and WU 

• Like 1

ssouthall6
Ask your TD about Transferwise. Low fees, instant transfer and excellent exchange rate. 
I use it in preference to PayPal and WU 

Me too. Total game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssouthall6
I use PayPal with my regular td and it works well, but then we have established a relationship of trust. I used to use WU, but there are fewer and fewer outlets near me that offer it. I’ve found WU online to be a disaster, every transaction refused. Have thought of bitcoin as I’ve got a few hanging round somewhere. Anyone tried that?

I do regularly pay with Bitcoin but it's become harder to trade quickly. Coinbase have put massive fees on fast trading so your options, certainly here in the UK, for a balance of speed and low fees start to shrink. I use Bitstamp but they consistently take 24 hours to convert from £ to BTC. This can result in fluctuations depending on the market at the time.

However the paying the TD from there is straightforward. Certainly compared to using it to buy other stuff!

deju
16 minutes ago, ssouthall6 said:

I do regularly pay with Bitcoin but it's become harder to trade quickly. Coinbase have put massive fees on fast trading so your options, certainly here in the UK, for a balance of speed and low fees start to shrink. I use Bitstamp but they consistently take 24 hours to convert from £ to BTC. This can result in fluctuations depending on the market at the time.

However the paying the TD from there is straightforward. Certainly compared to using it to buy other stuff!

Crypto is great once you have it, they really need to speed up the mechanism to turn cash into it. 

I would imagine the traditional financial institutions play a part in this barrier. 

Professor Smaragd

Is Transferwise safe for me as a buyer or what is the benefit? Except that TD mostly dont want PPFF. 

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, Professor Smaragd said:

Is Transferwise safe for me as a buyer or what is the benefit? Except that TD mostly dont want PPFF. 

Cheap, easy, safe, low fees, great foreign exchange rates, near instant transfer to TDs bank a/c. Greatest way to pay!

Intresting
16 minutes ago, Professor Smaragd said:

These are financial institution questions.   You should google Transferwise and find that out easily?   Just to help you along Transferwise and WU are far cheaper to use than banks and credit cards in terms of fees charged.

The TD also does does not know you from a bar of soap and the replica world is littered with as many buyers who are the scammers as there are dodgy replica sellers.   So they have every reason not to trust you as you them.

Devil

Ah yes, this thread really was a shit-show.

BravoDelta
1 hour ago, Professor Smaragd said:

I've used it many times. Recipient has the money within the hour. That's the benefit. :)

mmpu
On 23/04/2019 at 15:57, Scunt said:

Hi 

new to this forum but not to the Rep game as I have a collection of 20.

just a little post to keep people out of the hassle of phoning up your credit card fraud department every month or so. IF you’re TD doesn’t accept PayPal then go elsewhere.

my first 4 purchases of reps cost me 4 different credit card problems. All the cards were cloned and all from 4 different TDs on this site (I shall not mention any names)

when a TD website gets hacked then all your details go with it, name address and credit card transactions etc

most sites with numbers after their names like 03  04 etc have been a victim.

not blaming the TDs fully but they aren’t secure.

PAYPAL OR NOTHING 

i know now some smarty pants will come out with “I’ve never had any problem” etc etc

well I have

Sir what td are accepting paypal, because all i dound wants western union , wire transfer, cresit card.. etc...  please give me names of websites and or dealers contact. Thanks

BravoDelta
18 minutes ago, mmpu said:

what td are accepting paypal

Trustytime takes PayPal 

mmpu
2 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Trustytime takes PayPal 

Thank you 

Intresting

and you pay 4% extra for PayPal.

GingerApple

Use TransferWise, way better!

BravoDelta

+1 for Transferwise.  Though fees can be high using a credit card...almost 5.5%

thegolfman

New to the game and two very good transactions with WU online. Even got a coupon on the second transfer for “no fees”. I was pleasantly surprised about WU. 

• Like 1

ssouthall6

Revolut disposable cards. Job done

jhdscript

best option is to pay using coins or crypto :)

HAIRlab_DC
On 02/02/2020 at 16:02, Devil said:

Ah yes, this thread really was a shit-show.

True, but being an old geezer I'd never heard of Transferwise before reading it, and sharing some of the OP's concerns about CC's to buy my first rep (since dealers started accepting them) managed to solve that concern.

stephenc

I'd rather stick with CC.. every single transaction is validated by fingerprint scan on the card I use for overseas transactions. I've never used any alternative methods of payment for anything and hopefully don't have to start now.

roberto

I use Papal.  Number one Vatican City payment system.

• Like 2

FudgyDocker
2 hours ago, stephenc said:

I've never used any alternative methods of payment for anything and hopefully don't have to start now.

Welcome to the world of buying illegal watches. Hope you like paying loads of additional fees for using credit cards! :)

• Like 1

stephenc

So far no additional fees, but then I've only purchased 2. Maybe it's wishful thinking but M2M has so far thrown up 3 watches in the last week I would have purchased and all them have been UK based, excepting bank transfers. Again, maybe this is not the norm as I am new to this